Author Topic: Kostas (Gravia)  (Read 22881 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Kostas (Gravia)
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
Hello everyone.  My wife and I have gotten pretty friendly with the two brothers that run Gravia and last year Kostas let it slip that his girlfriend was expecting a baby.  We were wondering if anyone knew if he was a dad yet or not.  We would love to take the proud parents a present this summer so as much information as possible would be appreciated (boy/girl, weight etc).  I'm sure Lesley will know.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Kostas (Gravia)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »
Afternoon Rod, I haven't seen Kosta from Gravia over the winter as he is closed but I did ask today in village and was advised it was a girl so hope this helps.  Also if you wanted he does have a Facbeook page for Gravia maybe there are some photos or updates there if this also helps.  Lesley  ???

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:11:47 AM »
I got a picture texted on to me on 20th December from one of our friends who stay at the Nafskia and usually pop up to the Gravia to see Kostas, his girlfriend gave birth to a baby daughter :) :)

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:11 PM »
We've never actually been to Gravia - is it just past Akrotiri Bar?

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:40:40 PM »
Yes,just at the top of the pathway that leads down to Arrilas.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:47:15 PM »
Thanks, will give it a look this year

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:56 PM »
Is that the same Kostas who worked at Nafsika years ago, and possibly did a stint at Manthos? The guy I'm thinking of also played beach football, and my mate Dimitri at Fedra Mare always described him as "The Fisherman".

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 09:01:50 PM »
Thanks to you all.  We are hoping to surprise him.  Kosta did indeed used to work at the Nafsika.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
But he never worked at Manthos.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
It's Kostas' birthday today from my notification on FB......

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:42 PM »
Thanks, will give it a look this year

Kostas is an absolute luv, and I think Gravia is my favourite spot. The salads are amazing, as are the milk-shakes.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »
Yes lovely chill out place. Last summer I walked from Perros over to Arillas with my little lad in his buggy. He fell asleep and I stopped off for a nice Mythos...... was very peaceful and tranquil

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
Gravia is mine and the wife's favourite chill out place.  We prefer mid afternoon where we will indulge in a mezze for two and cool half carafes of white wine.  It normally ends up as quite a "session" on the drink but the nap afterwards refreshes us.

The only thing that irritates me are the strange guests that frequent the Gravia from the next door complex.  The one where they do the strange chanting and they all appear to be hippie types.  You can often see these people on a table for four/five, all on their own, glass of water, book in hand, her bag on one of the chairs, shoes thrown on another chair and her towel on another chair.  Then an aquaintance from the same complex will wonder in, give her "friend" a cursory nod and do exactly the same thing with a different table.  Thats two tables that could sit eight/ten taken up by these selfish people (normally girls).  It really anoys me.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
They're probably  from Uranos, the same ones you often see walking along the beach in long skirts,billowing blouses and big hats with their rucksacks on their backs.Then when they get to the far end of the beach they strip down to their skin and often cover themselves with mud!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 03:10:30 PM »
Gravia, in my experience, is a very German-patronised place. Many are from the Buddhist centre, which amuses me because I find the concepts "German" and "Buddhist" a tiny bit hard to reconcile.

Must say we prefer Akrotiri, which is prettier and has views over Agios Stephanos as well as Arillas.

Dunno is you've noticed, but it's very hard type sitting in the lotus position. Ouch!

Peace and good Karma to you all.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni