Author Topic: Ice Cream  (Read 21203 times)

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Cream
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 02:50:10 AM »
Thanks "mindermum" for bringing this post back on track :) :)

I forgot The Athena sold them. Cancel the shop idea!!!

I know what you mean about Costas, not one to crack a smile very often, if at all. ??? ???

Sue

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 02:00:02 PM »
The Athina pool bar sells Corfu scoop ice-cream if you can face grumpy old Costas serving you.

You can have it as a cone or a tub and with sauce  ;)

There are loads of different flavours - banana, tiramisu, cookie dough, yoghurt and honey, coffee, strawberry to name but a few!

It costs 1 euro a scoop.

Mmm banana is my favourite, I could just eat one now......

Unfortunately they don't sell rum and raisin which is my all time favourite.

We are staying at the Athina 12th September, do you think I will succeed in making this Costas guy smile?

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »
If you do lilly  let us know.

We fly out next Monday so I will have a go as we will be using The Athena pool

I do know that you will get one of the biggest smiles from Spiros the Barman while you are there.

Enjoy
Sue & John

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
If you do lilly  let us know.

We fly out next Monday so I will have a go as we will be using The Athena pool

I do know that you will get one of the biggest smiles from Spiros the Barman while you are there.

Enjoy

Thanks Sue, I sure will enjoy. I hand picked this holiday through doing lots of research and that is how I came accross this brilliant forum. I have been to Corfu twice before, 2003 Pelakas and 2006 Aghios Georgios North. Just hope the threatened airport strikes won't spoil a much needed holiday.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
It is possible to be very innovative with spray cream. ::)
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

don

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »
I find that whipped does it for me but i'm not averse to a bit of double. Single! No , not my scene!!   But never in coffee!

Offline mindermum

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 10:43:35 PM »
Costas  >:( smiled twice whilst I was there for the first two weeks in August!

George the 14 year old barman at The Athina pool is the biggest smiler and his 7 year old sister Elpitha is a close second.  She gives out the menus in the dining room in the evening and tells you the soup of the day in the most gorgeous accent  :)

To be honest SueLa, Spiros the barman was a bit grumpy at times this year too.  We did wonder a time or two whether he was in competition with Costas  ??? Could be lack of sleep as his wife has recently given birth to their second daughter in 15 months.  Or it could be that Glenn at The Aquarius is poaching all his customers.

The biggest smiler in San Stefanos has to be George at Bar 38!

don

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »
Sue you will have to treat us to a day at the Athina as I have just bought Sandra some new socks and sandals. She can keep John company in that special corner while we hit the ice-cream with a vengeance!!!!!!!!!! :o ::)

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 02:50:47 AM »
Sounds like a good plan to me Don.

Sue & John

don

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »
Do they do 99's ?   
Careful with the chocolate... you could poke an eye out! 
Dyscalculia not evident there then!!!

Could you do me a big favour, please Sue? Can you bring the Sun And Mail  and I'll square up with you? We prefer the northern edition.  CHEERS xxx

Then I can read them while we share an ice-cream.... It'll be just like home... Bloke sitting at table with his head stuck in the morning paper... Told you San Stef was a home from home!!!

don

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 12:09:26 AM »
I cannot believe the number of people who came up to us and stated how much they enjoyed this thread. And no - I never got that ice-cream!!!!!!

Also the number of sandal and sock wearers has fallen as the football shirt wearing throng have multiplied.

Offline Mikeatew

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
OLGA sells 'scooped' ice cream cones in interesting flavours - with sauce!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 01:02:51 AM »
I think that Sunset Taverna make there own ice cream - never tried it mind you. Has anyone tried it.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
I like to look back at old threads and saw this one.

Three years we've been scouring SS for the best ice cream, one of the perks of having an 8 year old. In his expert opinion (and he is making absolutely no apology for expressing his opinion in strong terms - note to Ed!) Aristoula at Olga sells the best. The full range of scoops from vanilla to banana to toffee with caramel, all for an inflation busting €1 inc sauce.

All you then have to do is eat it Scooby Doo style before the scorching heat melts it all the way down the side of the cone.

The simple pleasures......
:)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
I only bought one ice cream lolly this year. Waste of time and money! I unwrapped it stood at the Romanza bar and by the time I'd got back to the sunbed half of it had melted and fallen on the floor!!

We were then invaded by a dozen wasps and Vlad, the infamous strange black kumquat dog who it appears, also loves a Magnum!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni