Author Topic: Autumn 2015 report  (Read 17960 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn 2015 report
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »
I seem to remember the soup was always there because people could turn up at random times and you had top feed them. So they always had some fakes - lentil soup - and you could provide soup and bread whilst you fired up the charcoal for other stuff. Soups had medicinal properties, as well.

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 12:50:21 AM »
Great reading your report Jim. I can only endorse both yours and Debra's comments about the Nafsika and the older part of the village.
p.s  don't think you look like Jeremy Corbyn!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 01:49:27 AM »
Thanks, middy! I don't mind looking a bit like Corbyn. I'd be mortified if anybody said I looked like Cameron!!!

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 09:43:37 PM »
Great post Jim - so pleased the weather stayed fab until you came home. The final night at LP sounded wonderful - I love to see Pavlos dance and Dimitris in a flap. Wish we could have stayed to enjoy it.

It was lovely seeing you and your lovely wife again albeit with a wine infused brain most of the time :)

By the way - I think Cameron is quite good looking.............x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 01:52:41 AM »
Cameron is as good-looking as a pile of toad poo! Whereas moi...

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »
Really enjoyed reading your post Jim, thanks for sharing. Food and cooking is my passion so loved the foodie bits! Last year we had the mackerel starter at Nafsika - Spiros filleted it at the table and you could just see the care and pride he took when doing it.

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 06:10:31 PM »
Hi Gill, It was a really fun night at Little Prince once we had established that Dmitri was not lying injured or ill somewhere!! Just having to do all the cooking! A real treat to see Pavlos dancing again too. Just to point out to all and sundry that it was not me in the alcoholic haze - ha ha!  :D ;)
Getting colder here now, but we do have Hull Fair to keep us cheerful! xx

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 01:18:22 AM »
Hi Gillie. Getting cold here too but at least the sun is shining even if it is cold. I hate the dull, wet Autumn days!

I seem to have spent the whole week in a wine/alcohol infused haze - you were very good!! The worst thing is we got into the habit of having a drink at the Kapentanios late afternoon, and I got the taste for their cocktails - much to Andy's horror - but they are fab!

Had a lovely holiday as ever - but always come home more tired than when we arrived!!x

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni