Author Topic: The Barras  (Read 19097 times)

Offline Doreen Cummings

• View Profile
The Barras
« on: July 18, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »
Loved the Barras great food and friendly staff xxx try it it's great

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The Barras
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »
Had a meal or two in there ourselves,really lovely inside too.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »
Was good to see so many in last week,when on my wee solo trip back. Its really is so nice inside,will deffo pop in for a dinner in September.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »
We went in for the first time, always missed it off our tour for some reason, now i know why, it was absolutely awful.
I had the Stamina, I'd already had it from Yannisis (beautiful) but when he flipped it over removed the bowl, oops rice and chips !!!
There was 2 slices of beef, under that melted cheese, then rice and chips, no veg etc, my wife had sea bass looked lovely when it came.
Have any of you ever seen The Griswalds Family Christmas ? Where they cut into the turkey and "poof", no meat, makes me laugh thinking about it, but that was the sea bass, anyway we didn't finish our meals paid the bill never to return.

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »
Eaten lots of time at Barras, never had a poor meal yet, staff are always lovely. Can't please everyone though. When I read glowing reports of some eateries, I think yuk, it was horrible when we went there. So you win some you lose some. I will be there week after next, so will be trying some new ones as well as favourites. YIPEE.   :D  :D

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 01:04:28 AM »
Didnt go this year but both myself and our son had the mixed Grill, good quality meat,good portions and great service!

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 03:00:35 AM »
The thing is, I'm not saying everybody has had a bad meal, I'm saying we did, rice and chips in a Stamna is not good enough, if they didn't have any say so don't fill it with whats lying around the kitchen, as for the sea bass, i hoped somebody read it it's last rights before cremation.
Brusko !! There's a different story, excellent addition to the village.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 01:52:48 AM »
I've deffo seen chips in a Stamna in a few places to be honest

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 10:21:32 AM »
I've seen sweet corn in a curry, doesn't make it right.

Offline sunshinegirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
We have been to San Stefanos eleven times and stayed at different hotels.  We had never stayed or eaten at the Barras until last year when we went for a week in July before staying at the Terezas for two weeks with family.  We also stayed this year at the Barras in May and have just returned two days ago from two weeks at the Terezas.  The food in the Barras we found to be excellent.  Went last week with friends and my husband had the Stamna and really enjoyed it with the chips and rice and even preferred it to the one he had in Yanis  Another evening we all had the Sea Bass which was perfectly cooked and in fact the best we had this holiday. George asked if we wanted it filleted or not and we said no just take the heads off which he did.  We then got strawberry Panacotta on the house for desert.  The rooms are really nice too very spacious and cleaned thoroughly with fresh towels.  George and his family make you very welcome and I would definitely recommend it. :)

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
Excellent, as they say, everyone to their own.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 09:52:54 AM »
We had our evening meal at the Barras last night. Very friendly people, even took the time to correct our halting greek. The meal was excellent and the service was good. My only criticism, and this is a general issue not specific to the Barras, was the number of people smoking at indoor tables. We live in New Zealand now and smoking in any public place, but especially a restaurant, is a heinous crime punishable by something really, really horrid. But seriously it just looks so out of place to us now. But the Barras definitely gets the thumbs up from us.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 12:31:03 PM »
We had our evening meal at the Barras last night. Very friendly people, even took the time to correct our halting greek. The meal was excellent and the service was good. My only criticism, and this is a general issue not specific to the Barras, was the number of people smoking at indoor tables. We live in New Zealand now and smoking in any public place, but especially a restaurant, is a heinous crime punishable by something really, really horrid. But seriously it just looks so out of place to us now. But the Barras definitely gets the thumbs up from us.
Yes they do allow smoking in all the restaurants, although I am a smoker, I would never smoke near anyone else,especially if they are eating, so understand your thoughts.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »
Nafsika has a large non-smoking area outside, and it works.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
Nafsika has a large non-smoking area outside, and it works.
It does Jim, see you and Gillie in the smoking area soon :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni