Author Topic: Just got back!!  (Read 7170 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Just got back!!
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »
 We have just got back from San Stef and had a fantastic holiday as usual!!We have met up with lots of our friends and made new ones too!  Had the great pleasure of meeting Jimbo and the lovely Gillie, when we were at the Nafsika one day.  Also saw them a couple of evenings. It was lovely chatting to them both and will look forward to seeing them again hopefully! On our first trip to the beach, we found it very narrow from Athina and along to Havana.  We found ourselves having to walk in the sea past the single row of sunbeds to get to the far end of the beach, which was and still is, much wider.  That has now improved considerably.  The sea was beautiful down the far end and you could paddle out to a sandbank, the sea was like a tepid bath there. It has been very hot and caught a few people unawares (including myself) as I was poorly for a couple of days, so just be aware in the heat.  Hippopots has explained everything else to a 'tee'.  Second week was pretty busy, with most bars and restaurants  bustling at some point.  As always, we ate in the Nafsika every night, (apart from when I had heatstroke!) and enjoyed every meal.  Speros and the team excelled themselves, as usual, to make our experience a very good one.  Thanks to them again. I have to say the food was always beautifully prepared and presented and of course, very tasty.  Lamb kleftico was gorgeous.  John enjoyed the shrimp on bruchetta starter and the garlic mushrooms. The locals, as always, were pleased to see  all us returnees and looked after us, as normal, so no change there!  Hope everyone has a good holiday and we shall be booking up very shortly for next year!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:32:52 AM »
We arrived back last night too. I'll post more later, but it was lovely to meet lots of forum and Facebook people, and especially beautiful Karen and her lucky husband!

The food at Nafsika this year has exceeded its always high standards. The rabbit stifado was of Michelin star quality.

Whatever happens, we'll support our dear friends in the village. 

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:54:12 PM »
What a cracking post Karen,enjoyed reading it, thank you. Hope to meet up with many people on here in our future holidays.

Jimbo, our paths will cross someday,keep missing you by a week or two,looking forward to your trip report sir  :).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 10:12:37 PM »
What a cracking post Karen,enjoyed reading it, thank you. Hope to meet up with many people on here in our future holidays.

Jimbo, our paths will cross someday,keep missing you by a week or two,looking forward to your trip report sir  :).
You are welcome Winkie.  It is a job to know when to stop writing about our experiences on here! Despite their troubles, the locals were all in good spirits, but we wish them lots of luck in their uncertain future.

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 11:04:42 PM »
Awww, thank you Karen.......I try my best!  :D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »
Awww, thank you Karen.......I try my best!  :D
You are always 'spot on' and it is great that you keep us all informed and help us re live our lovely holidays! :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni