Author Topic: New poster  (Read 6720 times)

Offline pottonroy

• View Profile
New poster
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »
Hi folks I haven't posted on here before but have been reading some of the posts for a while. My wife and I first visited San Stef about 32 years ago before we were married. It was a lot quieter then with only five tavernas but we liked it so much we came back the following year. We revisited about eight years ago with our three boys and have been back several times since including the last two years. We are due back on 31st July (can't wait!) and just had a few questions. My wife wanted to check if the laundry opposite Ozzie Oil was still open as we normally make use of it? We were also wondering if the Zest for Life Juice bar was now closed as we know Kerry's parents weren't going to be running it this summer? Final question (for now) was whether Tassos and his dad were still running the Silver Star as I read on one thread that they may not be? I'm sure we'll think of some more before we visit but that's all for now so thanks in advance for your replies.

Offline nevets

• View Profile
Re: New poster
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »
Yes laundry open we walk past every morning , we are staying in perros, also the juice bar is open as for the third question all l can say is they seem to be different people from last year.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
Hi folks I haven't posted on here before but have been reading some of the posts for a while. My wife and I first visited San Stef about 32 years ago before we were married. It was a lot quieter then with only five tavernas but we liked it so much we came back the following year. We revisited about eight years ago with our three boys and have been back several times since including the last two years. We are due back on 31st July (can't wait!) and just had a few questions. My wife wanted to check if the laundry opposite Ozzie Oil was still open as we normally make use of it? We were also wondering if the Zest for Life Juice bar was now closed as we know Kerry's parents weren't going to be running it this summer? Final question (for now) was whether Tassos and his dad were still running the Silver Star as I read on one thread that they may not be? I'm sure we'll think of some more before we visit but that's all for now so thanks in advance for your replies.
Firstly, welcome to the forums!! Confirming info from nevets and yes it does appear to be a new person in Silver Star, but there were quite a few people going in and he seemed a nice chap!!  Enjoy your holiday!!

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 12:39:24 AM »
Silver Star is now being run by Spiros, who used to work at Athina Hotel, and his wife Irini, you'll receive a warm welcome from them, as with everywhere.

Offline pottonroy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Only two days to go now. Looking forward to some decent weather and eating in some of our favorite tavernas as well as trying some new ones. Noticed on Trip Advisor that Fantasea is highly rated. We've never eaten there but the old Golden Beach which I believe it used to be was our favorite when the wife and I first visited all those years ago so it will be nice to try it for old times sake. Also noticed that Brusko is rated number five. Don't remember that name is it new? Also looking forward to trying Beer O'Clock (love the name!) and the Chilly Chilli bar where I believe Vasilis is now working who was the barman at the Little Princess a couple of years ago and enjoyed playing pool with me and my sons.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »
Brusko, Chilly Chilli and Beer O'clock are all new this year, and you are right - Vasillis used to run the bar at Little Prince.

Great food in the "old" village at Fantasea, Manthos, Waves, Nafsika, Beachcomber - and (though I haven't tried it) Beer O'Clock.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »
Yes Vasilis is in Chilly Chilli, together with another lovely barman. Its a great bar with beautiful views, especially at sunset.
Highly recommend Fantasea as well as the others Jimbo mentions. Had a great meal in Beer OClock a couple of weeks ago. Didn't go to Brusko - is the owner greek? We were told he isn't   

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni