Author Topic: Thomson seat reservation  (Read 18773 times)

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Thomson seat reservation
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
We never pay to reserve seats. It's only a short flight, and we have always been seated together, either in a row, or adjacent aisle seats. This time,however, we were advised at check in that there were adjacent seats available, but if we wanted them we would have to pay £10 each. We refused, and were allocated two aisle seats, displaced by one row. A party of four young ladies had also been separated. Three in a row, the fourth being displaced by one row in the opposite aisle, next to me. My wife swapped with the young lady, and we all sat with our travelling partners. We checked with the cabin crew before changing. Were parties deliberately separated? Return flight was no problem. We were allocated adjacent seats. I wonder if anyone paid for the adjacent seats on the outbound flight?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson seat reservation
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 06:30:41 PM »
We always reserve our seats as hubby likes a window seat.  That sounds like a sales ploy to me and a bit naughty! We are always getting emails or phone calls to try and get us to upgrade our extras, which is annoying. as I think we all book want we want when we book our holidays, naughty Thomsons!!

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
My husband always insists we "pre-book" our seats - I would rather not, on the grounds that chances are we'll end up sitting together, and as stated above, it's not the end of the world if we don't. Another money-making scam intoduced a few years ago. Before that, we always got allocated seats together didn't we?

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »
The problem is that some costs are being "hidden" . The hold baggage weight has now been set at 15kg. It was 20 kg. All of these increase the "headline" cost shown for the package. Transfer costs can also be an extra. These are not always included. Sharp practice? You certainly need to read the small print.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »
I always book seats in advance. The plane is always full, and it's part of relaxing to know you have a window seat with a good view.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
No problem with paying in advance for something you want. But why should you have to pay extra at check in for non premium seats which are clearly available and unreserved? If these were the only two seats left, and they were together, would one have to pay for this?

Offline anniefuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:10:09 AM »
On our way out last year we were in the row behind the extra legroom . There were two empty in that row .

O.H. asked if he could move and was politely told by stewardess that these people had paid extra to sit there and he hadn't .

He had to concede she was right

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 01:44:50 AM »
I've paid to book seats. It seems to me fair that those who don't get to sit next to babies.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 03:04:13 AM »
I always book seats in advance. The plane is always full, and it's part of relaxing to know you have a window seat with a good view.
:) :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 02:17:44 PM »
Doesn't always work out like that, we paid to sit in row 3 and had three babies in the row in front,but we did get our drinks quickly which is an advantage then you can sit and relax for the rest of the journey and the babies were no problem.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »
Second worse to babies is somebody who wants to tell you their entire boring life story.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 02:58:20 PM »
Second worse to babies is somebody who wants to tell you their entire boring life story.
Had that one, many times, Jimbo! :)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
We always pre-book our seats for a few reasons to be honest. I am not a good flyer and hate the take off so I need to hold my husband's had tight until we are up in the air!!!  For some reason I always feel better if I can see out of the window - think its probably a control thing!!!  Plus we dont like to sit over the wing we like to be able to see out of the window properly if you know what I mean.

plus there is no panic to get to the airport early as we know we are guaranteed to be able to sit together!!!

So to have to pay the extra for us to sit together is worth it for us.

Offline anniefuff

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 10:49:01 PM »

We do normally book seats with extra legroom as we are both very tall . Last year we were late in booking but made sure we got

them this year booked as soon as they went on sale .

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »

Yeah sorry about that  ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni