Author Topic: Holidaying with very young children.  (Read 16397 times)

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Holidaying with very young children.
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
So after our son was born in October I vowed to have a year off holidaying in SS. However I've gone and booked the last 2 weeks in August staying at the Perros again. The strong Pound against the Euro made it just too tempting!

We took our eldest when she was 3 but have no experience of taking a baby abroad. We realise it will be a very different holiday this time but know that the Perros will look after us well. Especially Nicola who has bags of experience with the kiddies and Anna who is great with them too.

Anybody care to share any helpful advice?

Can powdered baby milk be checked in? Do the hire car places supply baby seats? What about the taxis from the airport?

Also is anybody else there for the same time this year?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Holidaying with very young children.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »
Didn't think you'd be able to stay away! ;)

It will be lovely to see you all again, and meet the new baby.

Sorry can't help much ref the powdered milk question, but I know that Valantis was always putting baby seats and booster seats in hire cars.....he's not got an office in San Stef now, but can be found online. But you also have the choice in the village of Dimitra and Manos, Tsaros, Olgas and Noula for cars, and I expect they provide the same service.

Also, don't know about baby seats in taxis....maybe Lesley from Corfu selections can help you on that one, as she know taxi drivers.

Offline will7777

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »
Hi whent with my 3 kids under 6 at the time 2/4 and 6 .it was the heat and the mozy was  the  problem for my little one .we live in co cork so we don't see the sun as much  ??? with. The rest was ok stade in the old part was lovely  .All parts of San Stefan a family friendly was welcomed bye all .taxi from airport had no baby seat so my little one sat on my wife's lap
was hoping to visit this late May just me and my wife fingers crossed

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 04:02:46 PM »
We asked for child seats in taxi and they were provided.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »
Hi - contact Nicola at the Perros - she was brilliant when my daughter took her son.  She was just so helpful about milk, pushchairs, etc.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 11:22:42 PM »
Didn't think you'd be able to stay away! ;)

It will be lovely to see you all again, and meet the new baby.

Sorry can't help much ref the powdered milk question, but I know that Valantis was always putting baby seats and booster seats in hire cars.....he's not got an office in San Stef now, but can be found online. But you also have the choice in the village of Dimitra and Manos, Tsaros, Olgas and Noula for cars, and I expect they provide the same service.

Also, don't know about baby seats in taxis....maybe Lesley from Corfu selections can help you on that one, as she know taxi drivers.

Olivia is looking forward to painting a few things with you again too!
Hi - contact Nicola at the Perros - she was brilliant when my daughter took her son.  She was just so helpful about milk, pushchairs, etc.

Thanks Debra. Yes have been in touch with Nicola and she will be helping to get supplies before our arrival.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 11:29:52 PM »
Nicola is fab isn't she?  Lovely family at the Perros and Anna

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 12:34:49 AM »
Nicola is fab isn't she?  Lovely family at the Perros and Anna

She certainly is! This will be our 3rd time with them at the Perros, our first being in 2005. They really cannot do enough for you.

Offline KathS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 01:28:19 AM »
Best advice we had was to keep the children on English time as far as possible. That way they woke up later and were awake later when tavernas were open in the evening.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:30 AM »
Our first visit was with our 3 year old son up at romanza in 1990.he spent so much time in the sea and walking up the cliff path he was worn out ,so always an afternoon kip..Best thing was when he woke up he wanted breakfast,always thought it was the next day..He got four weeks for the price of two....

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »
 When our grandchildren were young they used to wear themselves out swimming and playing on the beach and were always ready for a siesta at about 4:30 in the afternoon.Sometimes they slept for three hours and after a quick shower were ready to go out for dinner and enjoy the evening. We adopted this system for many years and it worked.There can be no sadder sight than seeing exhausted children asleep on chairs in Tavernas  during the evening and we've all seen them haven't we?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »
Agree Dupnica. .. .ours needed to go up about 4pm and used to crash out till 7pm then he was usually ok till around 11/midnight when he was ready for bed again!!
The thing that affected him most was toilet trouble. He didn't have a you know what for 4 days the first time we went!!

After reading this post back to myself I've realised I could also be talking about Waspman!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 11:49:13 AM »
Yes the heat and the swimming certainly takes it out of them. Our 5 year old was having a morning and afternoon nap whilst there.

Are you at the Perros again this August Gavlah?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
Perros for 17 nights at end of June the back for a cheeky week on 24th Aug but stopping at Spiros and Maria next to Vickys

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »
Arrive same day as us.have to keep my eyes open...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni