Author Topic: Silver Star  (Read 16739 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Silver Star
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:16:19 AM »
Does anyone know what will be happening with the Silver Star this year as I understand sadly that Spiros and Tassos will not be running it this year?  :(

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Star
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 11:23:49 AM »
There are 'to rent' signs currently on Silver Star....hopefully someone will take it on, or if not Spiros and Tassos will be back, as would be a big shame to see it closed.  :-[

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
Couldnt be a better spot really. Lost its lustre a bit in the last few years with the more snazzy bars springing up. Might be better suited as a restaurant / bar maybe?

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »
One of our regular pre dinner drink haunts although did start to enjoy Kamini Bar last year and the walk builds up the appetite!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »
wouldn't it be wonderful to bring back the traditional Greek musicians back - would really pull people in - be like old times - traditional is what people like and would be a bonus for the village

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 01:58:01 AM »
Yes Debra I agree that most people would love some traditional Greek entertainment :)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »
 yep totally agree,thats one of the reasons i like the Romanza bbq night,its live music played very well with the local comunity joining in with some singing and danceing.It creates a great friendly atmosphere.Not forgeting the great food and service....

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
Like R/J/N above, we used to have a couple of drinks there before eating. Good place to sit and watch, but definately lost it's way in the last couple of years. It did fill up with music later on though, but perhaps other bars are now more successful at this?

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »
Interesting that folks are saying they would like traditional greek music/entertainment. A couple of years ago we were talking to the couple who run Acabar and they were saying that they tried greek musicians but people were not interested - they went back to the tribute acts and the customers flocked in ! ??? 

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
It's interesting to hear that about Acabar. I guess this shows that a variety of entertainment is needed? Silver Star was always busy when they had the guy playing guitar? Other bars seem busy with  tribute and/or live music. Silver Star has a large open area which if empty will not attract custom.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
I love traditional Greek music , We found lots of greek dancing last year in SS . A few years back we stayed at Agios Gordios and once a week at one of the Tavernas they had a man  playing a Bouzouki he was marvelous  . The night he was playing you had to book a table early or you didn't get in! I like watching the dancing but just one man walking round making beautiful music was a real pleasure. It would be nice if that happened somewhere in SS. ( or has it and I just didn't find it?) we are visiting again in June so perhaps there will be. :)

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 02:43:31 PM »
Check out Romanza BBQ night (Sunday). Locals playing/dancing.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 02:44:47 PM »
See you there.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:48 PM »
Agree, I love the traditional music and especially the live bouzouki players. Saw a brilliant one in Kefalonia a couple of years back and he was only a young lad. It's great how young greeks continue to learn the traditional music and dancing

Offline Buttons1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 12:30:46 AM »
Regarding the Romanza Greek evenings, we were very disappointed. Although we had booked well in advance, we were sat at a table right on the edge, practically by the pool. We did not have a great view and as soon as the dancing began, locals appeared from nowhere and stood in front of us so the view we had was non existent. We asked them to move but they didn't, for whatever reason. We won't be booking it again this year. We found that the atmosphere was much nicer at the Little Prince.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni