Author Topic: The Islands  (Read 6209 times)

Offline Buttons1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
The Islands
« on: January 18, 2015, 08:09:39 PM »
We always stay in San Stefanos, at the Romanza. Last year we visited twice, we always have a car and now book direct with the hotel. Last year we drove around a lot and saw a great deal including the South of the island and Lake Korrisson (not worth the trip if I am honest).

So this year when we visit in May, we would like to take a ferry across to the Islands off the NW coast.

We are not bothered which one, but would like information on how we:

a) get there
b) places for lunch
c) places to walk to
d) best island to visit.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Jane
 :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:30:14 AM »
We always stay in San Stefanos, at the Romanza. Last year we visited twice, we always have a car and now book direct with the hotel. Last year we drove around a lot and saw a great deal including the South of the island and Lake Korrisson (not worth the trip if I am honest).
So this year when we visit in May, we would like to take a ferry across to the Islands off the NW coast.
We are not bothered which one, but would like information on how we:
a) get there
b) places for lunch
c) places to walk to
d) best island to visit.
Hi Jane
See Noula or one of the girls at San Stefanos Travel. http://www.san-stefano.gr/trips_boat.php
There are no bespoke ferries as such from San Stefanos, as far as I know, although Lesley who lives there may know better
However, the excursion Boats also double as a local ferry. The boats also serve Sidari.
The two most memerable trips, of the Islands are Ericusa the furthest Island away has two harbours and a heliport - a big Island so you can't walk it all in one day.
Nice Tavernas & a few small Hotels, lots of local villas and small-holdings.
I would suggest Mathraki and Orthoni - if they still run that trip as I heard it was going to be removed from the menu.
It's a two Island trip which was good value and you get to see a fair bit  of both. Nice Taverna at Mathraki Harbour and a lovely beach and church up the hill.
I hope this helps a bit
There may still be a local boat from Sidari that acts as a ferry for these two Islands, if the excursion's are cancelled.
Lesley at Corfu Selections would know this, PM her for more info.
Tony
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:52:58 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Buttons1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: The Islands
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
Thanks Tony, we will pop into San Stef travel and ask! all sounds good though.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni