Author Topic: Travel Insurance for "Old Gits" with Pre-existing Conditions  (Read 21398 times)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Travel Insurance for "Old Gits" with Pre-existing Conditions
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »
 Hi Tony,like you we have travel insurance with our bank,works OK when there's nothing much wrong with you but they weren't willing to insure me after a recent illness and operation. Went on line and got quotes of between £52.68 and £266 for a single trip.The cheapest one was with All Clear.  If you don't have too many holidays a year I think you'll find it cheaper to book a single trip policy.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »
No  - I bought my Insurance from AllClear for a year - this includes cruises - and all of Europe.
I bit the bullet as I had to get cover and was fed up getting quotes and being knocked back for Linda.

Now I have a year to find better cover, I had quotes for single trips that meant two holidays and it was dearer.

Never mind - life goes on.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 05:31:30 PM »
I feel your frustration Tony.

I have ''free' insurance through my Bank account too. However due to my heart attack last September they wont cover me now for my medical condition.

After a few knock backs I've not got yearly cover for the sum of £300.00 which covers a Caribbean holiday and a week in Corfu in September. I'm hoping it will come down a bit next year when we will be staying local i.e. our normal 2 weeks in San Stefano in July and a week somewhere else in the Med later in the summer.

Cant remember the name of the company as it was through an insurance broker, I'll check the documentation and let you know.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 07:03:18 PM »
Tony I think some insurance companies are reluctant to cover people on cruises especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions. One of the first questions they asked when I was trying to organize my insurance was "are you going on a cruise". I suppose they are thinking about how much it would cost if you became ill on board and had to be air lifted to hospital and possibly to the U.K.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 01:56:25 AM »
I have been looking at insurance for my holiday this year.  I am declaring Mild Asthma, Type 2 Diabetes and Joint replacement.  I have just got a quote from Staysure (which I used last year) for a week single trip for £72.49

I also gave the same medical info to a small company called GetGoing, which has a lot of good reviews for £18.55

Medici joins Insure for All - £28.72

Hmmmm not sure!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on Getgoing Bee. Just booked ours for just over £26.00 which includes medical condition
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Hi Jules

I bought the GetGoing Insurance, but I upped mine from £18.55 to the next level with more cover for just over £28.00 for a single stay policy and I'm very happy with it.

Let's hope it won't be used! lol

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 10:40:41 PM »
We did the same Bee and just good to know it is there if needed
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »
have you tried medici?
I will investigate that one during the year as I already have an Annual policy - so thanks.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline SanDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
Try Goodtogo, I had food poisoning on P&O Azura and the medical bill was £800, Goodtogo paid out very quickly.
or try Staysure they're the only one's who'll give me annual insurance with my pre-existing conditions.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni