Author Topic: The Ghost Hotel**Sold**!  (Read 10731 times)

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
The Ghost Hotel**Sold**!
« on: October 02, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
I have been told by several local people in SS that the yellow Ghost hotel on the hill behind SS has been sold to a wealthy Greek Hotel tycoon for 500,000 euros.

The new owner plans to spend over 1m euros turning it into a 5 star Hotel resort.

This is great news for SS and will bring even more people into the village and while many of those will spend much time in the hotel they will inevitably go to the Taverna,s, shops and beach etc. It may well be 'all inclusive' but I don't think that will matter as it will be an upmarket hotel and just a larger version of the Delphino Blue.

The hotel was really becoming a blot on the landscape of SS so it's great that it is going to be developed, I am amazed someone has taken it on because it's in a really terrible state.

Imagine that within a year or two the entrance to the hotel opposite Aspro Supermarket will be will lead up through well managed gardens and palm trees just as it did 10 years ago.

Andy

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The Ghost Hotel**Sold**!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
Not sure if thats good or bad in my opinion.agree about it being good for the village etc but what type of people will it bring in to the village.
not being snobby or anything if it goes all inclusive will it bring all the piss pots into the village and cause problems?
Have done all inc in the past and have seen what it brings and its not the brits that will be the problem,its the countries that have the freedom of holidays and abuse the booze...

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »
Yes, I'm with Rilo - I don't necessarily think it's a good thing - we wouldn't want the lovely atmosphere to change, but hey, let's wait and see

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »
I would be interested to know what the local businesses feel about whether it would be good for the villages ecomomy

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »
I have just mentioned this post to my wife and she is aghast at the thought.  Purely selfishly, she does not want the tranquility of the village ruined.  I on the other hand, am not sure.  If it was a decent hotel with standards then I think it may prove to be a very good idea.  If on the other hand it was all inclusive then I cringe at the very thought.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 12:56:43 AM »
Its not Kostas from delfino then?

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »
Rod, I'm with your wife on this one!

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
Hopefully it will bring much needed employment and extra revenue to the area which can only be a good thing for the local population.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »
i'm with the wait and see crew.

Although I would love anything that took away business from Kostas and Delfino Blu.......... ;D

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »
Message to winter locals, any sign of work starting yet to renovate the hotel?

It will be great to see it restored to its former glory.

Andy

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
Not seen any sign of work starting as yet Andy, but will keep a look out, and keep you informed if we see any progress.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 07:49:13 PM »
me too Andy passed through Agios Stefanos today for daily provisions at the lovely lads supermarket next door to Hippopots - nothing happening up the road towards the hotel that I could see.......

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni