Author Topic: Large taxis  (Read 15687 times)

Offline holly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Large taxis
« on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »
Hello I have been reading about the long transfers with thomson and we are using them next July was wondering how much a large taxi return airport and san stefanos would cost as 4 adults and luggage travelling and it states a normal taxi would be tight space for. 4 adults with luggage  if available how do you book them thanks kevin

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Large taxis
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »
If using San Stefanos travel see the taxi box near the top of this page and email them
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »
At the top of this page click on Taxi to San Stefanos that will give you details and a form to complete. We have traveled with 4 adults in a taxi they are quite big and the drivers are very adept at shoe horning in the luggage, or you may be able to share a minibus which would cut down on the cost.

Offline holly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:55 AM »
Thanks for your replies just wondering does any one know what the next size taxi up would be and approx cost I know what you mean about shoehorning as we used a taxi when going to aghios gordios which was a lot shorter transfer. We travel as 4 adults with a suitcase each and flight bag each so unsure if all would fit as all cases are lightweight but seem quite large  thanks kevin

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 12:19:58 AM »
We had a minibus this year for 6 adults which could have held at least 10 adults with luggage although not a San Stefanos travel organised one I think they are all about the same size
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline holly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
Hi thanks for your replies  do you know how much the larger taxis cost per return journey and any names of companies that offer this service thanks Kevin

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:22:40 PM »
We used San Stef travel this year 4 adults and one 9 year old was 90 euros each way

Offline holly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
Thanks for your help but was reading on another thread saying that most buses are full with san stefanos and arillas in July /August as we are travelling in school holidays this would reduce the drops and maybe avoid sidari  etc and have a speedy transfer thanks Kevin

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:58:02 PM »
We used San Stef travel this year 4 adults and one 9 year old was 90 euros each way
That seems a bit expensive to me, was that by taxi or minibus?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 11:24:58 PM »
Taxis can take 4 persons plus luggage for 4 plus you would need a minibus there are various sizes for minibus upto 8-9 persons and then larger minibuses for larger parties.......

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 12:46:45 AM »
By minibus as Lesley says Taxis usually take 4

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 08:03:33 PM »
 Still 90 euros sounds a lot compared to 60 euros for a taxi,do they use that much more petrol?  This year the taxi fare went up from 55 to 60 euros.
 When it was 55euros I used to give 5euro tip now I just give the flat 60euros.Do you think I'm being mean? :-\

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »
The taxis that Lesley arranged for us were 55 euro this year, same as last year.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 01:21:38 AM »
 Was also only €55 for us this year through speros at Jasmine

Gavlah1973

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 01:27:05 AM »
Tightarse Dupnica!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info