Author Topic: Thomson feedback  (Read 25099 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Thomson feedback
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
Here is what I have sent:

I’m afraid that Thomson will lose a great deal of sympathetic customers unless someone addresses the farcical arrangements for coach transfer to and from NW Corfu. We suppose that the coach link is not designed to be a special nightmare experience thrill ride, but it can be.

We returned from San (Agios) Stefanos on Friday October 10th 2014 after a very good stay at Little Prince. The coach to the airport arrived a few minutes before time, and had already picked up in Sidari, which is always good news. We were flying to Doncaster on the evening flight.

Sitting across from us was a woman of about 35 to 40 travelling on her own, but going to Luton. Her bus had failed to pick her up, despite the fact that she was outside her apartment. Her flight was scheduled at 19:35, ours at 20:35. She was very nervous, understandably, but there was plenty of time to get her to the airport.
We set off from San Stefanos and stopped to pick up in Arillas – which is normal. We then waited at the car park later on for the mini-bus from St Georges to drop off a few people.  The mini-bus was late. Twelve minutes. The “Luton Lady” was becoming edgy. But there was plenty of time at this stage.

The bus driver was excellent, funny, organised,  and spoke very good English
So far, so good. But then, when we were about ten minutes from the airport we stopped to pick up from a hotel complex. This was a long wait, because some people on the list had obviously decided to make the ten minute journey to the airport by taxi, rickshaw, donkey or some other more efficient means and neglected to tell the Rep,  reception, or Facebook. Eventually, now running well behind schedule, the driver received a radio message to leave without them. Great – but:

This farce was then repeated at another hotel even closer to the airport. Some people had been on the bus for well over two hours, and frankly anger was rising. One taxi or minibus could have picked up those in the immediate area of Corfu Town. Instead, we who had come across the mountains were forced to endure probably forty extra minutes on a coach.

As we drove along the road that crosses the north end of the runway our driver said, on the PA, “There’s the airport, but there are no planes. Don’t worry. Maybe some will come.” And that was true.
Fortunately, “Luton Lady” was taken first off the bus by the Reps at the airport in time to check in for her flight, and we had no queues. Our flight left ahead of schedule.

We can all accept that it’s a winding journey across the mountains from the airport to San Stefanos, St George’s, Arillas and Sidari. What is NOT acceptable in either direction is to make those who are going there suffer long delays caused by pick-ups and drop-offs at hotels and complexes in the immediate vicinity of Corfu Town. The savings to Thomson must be miniscule in financial terms, but the cost is enormous in good-will and tolerance. In other words, this practice is and was a PR disaster. Many people had enjoyed a good holiday; was it necessary to make them frustrated and annoyed on their way home? Nowhere south of Dassia should be picked up by a coach from the north of the island.

Please take this seriously. You frequently ask for feedback. This is feedback. Feedback without action taken is futile.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:00:14 PM by Jimbo »

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »
Brilliant Jimbo.  I agree.  This year we were messed about a bit too.  Something similar to yourselves.  Keep us updated of any response from Thomson.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:16:08 AM »
You will be amazed to learn that to date I have had no response from Thomson. Be assured that I will pass it on if I do.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:44:25 PM »
 Do Thomson charge extra for airport transfers or are they included in the price of the package?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
Included.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »
Maybe they should make it an optional extra so that you could travel by taxi if you prefer, would be quicker.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »
Staying at Stamatis next year and the transfer price was shown separate at a price of £60 for the 2 of us. Personally we don't use the Thomsons transfer anymore due to the time spent on the coach and the fact I get travel sick
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline ukouzo12

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »
We travelled back on 19th Sept, was picked up 20 mins early. We then endured a 3 hour transfer to the airport via Sidari including waiting for the mini bus in a lay-by for 30 mins. Everyone on the coach was getting concerned as it was getting very close to the cut off time to check in. We raised this with Thomson and still are waiting for the response.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
The sad thing is that most times the bus is fine. It works well if it's just airport to Arillas, San Stef. Maybe an hour an twenty minutes or so.

Thomson's lack of response is unacceptable when you have to fill in their feedback form on the plane and listen to loads of bullshit about how they tailor everything in relation to "your comments" in order to give you a great holiday experience. I can totally accept Sidari because that's nearby. I cannot accept the complexes in Corfu Town.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »
I wouldn't hold your breath Jimbo about a response!!  Remember our problem with being charged extra for luggage allowance. Well I wrote to Thomsons on our return and even though we were promised a reply with 28 days other that an e-mail receipt for this we have heard nothing. 

I have now stopped holding my breath as I doubt we will ever get a response !!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 12:09:03 AM »
I will be Thomson's page on Facebook next. That usually works. My company has received over £200 from major banks for going on Facebook to complain that nobody ever calls back etc.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
Jimbo, we had a similar problem some years ago when they brought in new drivers.  We took a few wrong turnings from the airport to resort as the driver didn't know the route and stopped several times to make a phone call! The journey was about 3 hours.  When we got into San Stefanos, we got off the coach with our cases and walked the rest of the way to Stamatis. We told the Thomsons rep and she urged us to make a written complaint with her, as she too was appalled with the transfers.  Needless to say, we heard nothing!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 05:14:29 PM »
I had a similar problem on a holiday with Thomson's in Majorca several years ago, holiday not as described etc.
Filled out a complaint form in resort as you should and when I returned to England I sent a letter claiming compensation.

The first reply (after about 3 weeks) stated something like "We're sorry you did not enjoy your holiday with Thomson but we hope you will travel again with us in the future"

After about 4 further series of correspondence they offered me £100 compensation, which I refused, in their next letter they offered me £150 as their final offer, I declined and said that I would take action against them in the Small Claims Court.

On court day I represented myself whereas Thomson employed a barrister (not a solicitor). Before we entered the courtroom the barrister offered me £400 compensation, which I refused saying "let's see what the judge has to say"

The hearing was very pleasant, we were all sat around a small table and discussed the case.

In the end the judge awarded me £600 plus costs which was a good result, however it took almost a year to achieve this.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »
 Good for you Waspman pleased to hear your persistence paid off in the end.   
 As for spending three hours on a coach from airport to resort and vice versa that's as long as you spend on the flight from UK,too long and very tiring.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »
The coach route is decided by the Reps. As I said before, the coach is usually fine. Three hours is highly exceptional.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni