Author Topic: On line map & street view  (Read 7818 times)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
On line map & street view
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
Now, I know I am slow, so before we go anywhere, perhaps you lot already know this, but have you explored the village and surrounding area with the google street view facility on the map? It's briilliant.

I wanted to check the position of the track in the middle of nowhere between Agios Stefanos and Avliotes that makes it's way towards the coast. Not only is it marked on the map, but you can "virtually" stand at the point that it starts, once you use street view.

If you've ever wondered want the village is like out of season, on a sunny day, take a look, I found it fascinating. Not many people around, I counted two, and everything appears very much closed, apart from the door into Dino's old house, (bless him), opposite Olympia.

I know, I've got too much time on my hands.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: On line map & street view
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:21:47 PM »
Hi cambridge,yep its very good.can find alot out.as you have time try downloading google earth,even more interesting i think.great for route planning.....

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: On line map & street view
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
I'm sure when I've looked at the map previously the street view option wasn't active for the village, but perhaps I just missed it.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni