Author Topic: Towel mafia at Romanza....  (Read 48134 times)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Towel mafia at Romanza....
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
i Just think if its going to go Indy, then it needs to aesthically update downstairs in particular.

I know what you mean about the sitting room Jimbo, it is dated but also strangely comforting and peaceful  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:27 PM »
The trouble is - there's not much money around for refurbishments. Greek company taxes are now very high, and Thomson are giving less and less to the owners.

Talking to various local people there, nobody is making much money. Getting by, was the theme.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »
Thanks Jimbo of course happy to help/advise etc......

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »
Yes, five apartments plus two studios equals seven living accommodations in this "Hotel"
Even Dimitris doesn't class his establishment as an "Hotel" If you look on his website it is advertised as "Fedra Mare Studios and Apartments"

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
Ive said on here before.....

i tried to book Fedra Mare last Aug to stay July just gone

Got an email back to say that they had full availability but wouldn't accept my booking until all their regulars had had chance to book when the summer flights  were released in Oct.
They suggested i email back then.
So...... Not exactly fully booked but not available either!!
Their loss Gavin!!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »
Is Fedra Mare's 'regular guests' policy, if that's the right phrase, relatively new?

We stayed there in June 2010 - booked the room with Dimitri in about Sept 09 i think - it was our first stay there and had no problem booking.

Loved it there and we're considering returning to SS next June, after a 5-year absence from Corfu. FM is on our list of possibles - seems we'll be lucky to get a reservation there if we decide on a return to SS.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »
Tereza's do now have a fair few rooms for people to book independently. All the front block on the ground and first floors have been upgraded for this year as well and look fantastic on their website. The only problem was that by the time flights are added on Thomsons prices are coming in cheaper than independent.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »
Bristol Boy

I got a very rapid and friendly email response.
It more or less read exactly how I've put it above.

Some have said on the FB page that they have had the same, others have said no problems getting in

Anyway...... Because we couldn't get in there we discovered the Perros which is a real gem.
Hardly any beds taken all day...... Lovely and peaceful

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 11:02:02 PM »
Thanks Gav.
We had a lovely curry at Perros when we last visited SS in June 2010; just fancied a change one evening from the trad greek food.
Lovely setting there and really friendly owners.

We did enjoy the fab Fedra Mare though, with Dimitri bringing our brekkie to the terrace outside our room in front of the pool, most mornings.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 12:49:12 AM »
Is Fedra Mare's 'regular guests' policy, if that's the right phrase, relatively new?

We stayed there in June 2010 - booked the room with Dimitri in about Sept 09 i think - it was our first stay there and had no problem booking.

Loved it there and we're considering returning to SS next June, after a 5-year absence from Corfu. FM is on our list of possibles - seems we'll be lucky to get a reservation there if we decide on a return to SS.

Fedra Mare still have gaps for June 2015, from "the horses mouth" if you know what I mean, get in quick Bristle Boy, the vacancies won't last long! Lovely Hotel Dup?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:04:33 AM by Waspman »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 11:26:54 PM »
Waspy...... They had vacancies when I enquired, in fact she said "we have full availability"

However still wouldn't take my booking!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2014, 11:51:23 PM »
Keep trying Gav.

Offline leew

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 03:51:38 AM »
will see the pair of you there linnetman and waspman, we fly 29th aug, not big lounger users ourselves, however would agree alot of repeat guests do treat the place like their summer home and are very standoffish with new guests, sometime ignoring them as they said "good morning".
We have bin guests for 10yr+ and love the place, maybee the staff should do more to put up signs, but i would never dream on doing the dawn raid on loungers.....shows a lack of respect to the hotel and other guests

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
Leew,I am not sure if you are talking about the Romanza or Fedra, but we found when we visited the Fedra last September,to use the pool,(we did ask Dimitri), we got the cold shoulder treatment from a few that were staying there,it made us feel so uncomfortable.Why do people feel the need to be like that?,it ruined our morning there.We go there soon,to celebrate our Ruby wedding,hoping for a more pleasant stay.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »
Winkie/leew, it is very sad that adults feel the need to behave like that but I guess people don't change their personalities just because they are on holiday, best thing is not to react to them and just go about your business, can never figure out why some  adults on holiday become possessive about their hotel/apartments and even the resort, like I say tis a sad and childish way to behave, all water off a ducks back to me and on occasions it is highly amusing to witness. I once got told by a fellow holiday maker who returned to the same hotel year after year that I was sat on their chair, I politely explained that the said chair belonged to the hotel and not them, got glared at for the rest of the holiday, quite a pathetic way for an adult to behave!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni