Author Topic: Towel mafia at Romanza....  (Read 48117 times)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Towel mafia at Romanza....
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
Does anyone know whether Dimitri still allows guests from Christinas to use pool or have breakfast etc in FM?
You'll need to speak to Dimitris about that all depends how busy he is.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »
Little Prince and Nafsika were, apparently, pretty-well fully-booked before the season even started.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
Fedra Mare is not an hotel it is a block of apartments,upmarket and luxurious maybe but apartments nevertheless.How do you know Waspman that other apartments are not fully booked throughout the Summer.There are only seven apartments at Fedra Mare,doesn't take much to fill them up during the season.

Just because The Fedra Mare doesn't call itself a hotel doesn't mean it's not, the definition of an hotel is "an establishment providing accommodation, meals, and other services for travellers and tourists, by the night", just like the Nafsika Hotel, Romanza Hotel, Perros Hotel etc etc.

Actually The Fedra Mare consists of only five two floor apartments and two ground floor studios.

Also I did state that Fedra Mare was booked for a year (12 months) in advance, not just the summer, I suspect that not many other hotels could say that, yes Jimbo, I suspect you're right that some were fully booked before the season started, but 12 months ahead, I doubt it!

Cabmufc, when we stayed at Fedra a couple of weeks ago nobody from Christina's used the Fedra for breakfasts, in fact Christina's didn't look very busy at all.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:37:00 PM by Waspman »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
Ive said on here before.....

i tried to book Fedra Mare last Aug to stay July just gone

Got an email back to say that they had full availability but wouldn't accept my booking until all their regulars had had chance to book when the summer flights  were released in Oct.
They suggested i email back then.
So...... Not exactly fully booked but not available either!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 11:11:45 PM »
Loyalty to long standing guests Gav?

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 11:18:41 PM »
 We,ve seen evidence on the forum that many people book their accommodation a year in advance,we certainly do. I always thought five plus two equalled seven whether you split it between apartments and studios it still makes seven. Those studios are quite large,we have stayed in them with our two grandchildren and had plenty of room.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »
We,ve seen evidence on the forum that many people book their accommodation a year in advance,we certainly do. I always thought five plus two equalled seven whether you split it between apartments and studios it still makes seven. Those studios are quite large,we have stayed in them with our two grandchildren and had plenty of room.

Yes, five apartments plus two studios equals seven living accommodations in this "Hotel"

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 12:43:07 AM »
All thomson accomodations are fully booked in theory,as they are paid a pittance from thomsons weather they have guests or not.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 12:51:46 AM »
Good point Rilo

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 01:06:40 AM »
That's not quite true. It depends upon their contract.

The pittance bit is correct. I suspect, entirely my own supposition so I'm not quoting any locals, that TUI is using the Greek economic state as an excuse to employ a "take it or leave it" attitude to their contracting, and driving the percentages down.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 01:15:42 AM »
Yes a take it or leave it contract is true.they have the hoteliers by the b¥ll$.they give them a price for theseason on a block booking basis.most accomodations have invested so much money that they are obliged to accept...totally screwed

Gavlah1973

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:51 AM »
Maybe so Waspy...... Those long standing guests that eventually,like all of us, will die off!

Up to them what they do.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »
Still don't understand why the Tereza and Nafsika don't go independent - they have enough loyal repeat business (and new business) to make a go of it and make some serious cash

The Tereza has had a real facelift in last 2-3 years and looks really contemporary and cool whilst still retaining the family feel.

Nafsika really needs a refurb downstairs though as it still looks almost identical to when we first went in the early 80's....I love it to bits but I do think it needs a bit of a facelift :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
I'm inclined to agree. I'm sure Lesley would be delighted to put them on CorfuSelections.com

Must say I rather like the quaint little sitting room at Nafsika - although people rarely sit in it!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 02:37:11 PM »
I have to agree with Silverstar regarding the Nafsika, we last stayed there about 3 years ago and if it's still the same it could do with some sort of refurbishment both downstairs and the bedrooms, nice place to stay though.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni