Author Topic: Towel mafia at Romanza....  (Read 47973 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Towel mafia at Romanza....
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
Isn't it pathetic that grown-ups can behave like this?

I can see that it's a real problem if you're stuck up in Stalagl Luft 93 at the top of the hill. Lower down, nature has provided a vast, if slightly salty, swimming pool called the Ionian Sea, which comes with its own remarkably realistic wave machine!

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 03:24:03 AM »
In one place I remember the owners even putting towels out first thing to reserve beds for their own guests!!!!Thats service for you!!
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »
Not something we do. Tereza has plenty of beds for all and have never not managed to get a couple of beds together. I think people reserving beds and not using them for ages need to be told and that the management of each establishment need to remove towels not being used for hours at a time.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 12:01:59 PM »
Never a towel problem at The Fedra Mare, there are far more sunbeds and loungers than there are guests

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »
Sunbeds wars taken to an whole new level, two brothers stabbed over a row about sunbeds in Gumbet, Turkey, todays Daily Mirror, absolutely shocking that an adult would resort to this! :o :o :o

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »
In SanStef now and when we walked past Nafsica at 10 30 today plenty of sun beds free no towels reserving any.Have to say wasps are about two of our party have been stung,never experienced problem before.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 05:50:33 PM »
Never a problem at Stamatis, always plenty of sunbeds, but then it is a big pool.  Doesn't affect us as we go to the lovely beach, much nicer, in our opinion!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
Never a towel problem at The Fedra Mare, there are far more sunbeds and loungers than there are guests
That's probably because Dimitri has a sign by the pool requesting people who are not guests at Fedra Mare ask his permission before using the pool or sunbeds.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 09:59:14 PM »
That's probably because Dimitri has a sign by the pool requesting people who are not guests at Fedra Mare ask his permission before using the pool or sunbeds.

Correct, that's because it's a private pool, as Delfino Blu. Also they will not necessarily provide breakfasts or lunches. Their priority is their guests, correctly so.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »
Correct, that's because it's a private pool, as Delfino Blu. Also they will not necessarily provide breakfasts or lunches. Their priority is their guests, correctly so.
Not so much private as selective.Dimitris does not like people abusing his hospitality and spoiling the peaceful experience of others.If they are going to race around playing noisy ball games or running around his Pool Bar then they are not welcome and I don't blame him. I am not a "pool person" the idea of lying about all day and basting ones self like an oven ready chicken I find brain numbingly boring but I know some people enjoy it.
We have friends who always go at the same time of the year as us and like us have been visiting San Stefanos for many years and are long term friends of Dimitris and Haritini,they don't stay at Fedra Mare but they are always made welcome and yes they do sometimes have breakfast or lunch there.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 04:52:45 PM »
Selective, why not, it's his hotel, it must work, he's fully booked for a year, who else in the village can say that?

As for non guests dining there, a party of six wanting breakfasts every day were turned away when we were there because Dimitris didn't want his guests having to wait, he could have invited them in and made a handsome profit, but no, his guests come first, that's loyalty. This is probably why the Fedra Mare is so popular.

As I said the Fedra don't "necessarily" provide food for non residents.

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »
I think the Fedra mare are quite right in having their pool private. It's a lovely place with a beautiful pool. I would me mad if I had paid for a hotel/apartment and couldn't get a bed at the pool because people who didn't stay there were using it. We have never came across this anywhere we have stayed in SS and hopefully we never do. As for putting towels down first thing I think it's the managements fault for letting this happen. We were at the algarve one year and the manager went round at 10am and put the towels that weren't being used in the reception.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
Well done to that manager Jaxbubbles

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 07:52:47 PM »
Does anyone know whether Dimitri still allows guests from Christinas to use pool or have breakfast etc in FM?
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
Selective, why not, it's his hotel, it must work, he's fully booked for a year, who else in the village can say that?

As for non guests dining there, a party of six wanting breakfasts every day were turned away when we were there because Dimitris didn't want his guests having to wait, he could have invited them in and made a handsome profit, but no, his guests come first, that's loyalty. This is probably why the Fedra Mare is so popular.

As I said the Fedra don't "necessarily" provide food for non residents.

Fedra Mare is not an hotel it is a block of apartments,upmarket and luxurious maybe but apartments nevertheless.How do you know Waspman that other apartments are not fully booked throughout the Summer.There are only seven apartments at Fedra Mare,doesn't take much to fill them up during the season.

other apa

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni