Author Topic: Local exchange rate as of today  (Read 22352 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Local exchange rate as of today
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »
Got some the week we left.

Ah that explains it

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »
 Hi waspman.Im english but live in Belgium.....

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 07:49:50 PM »
That's different then Rilo, is it cheaper to fly from there and do you book a package or private?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 09:17:21 PM »
 Hi.we travel private,but dont have the same choice of air companys as in the UK. We have ryanair to Corfu.Then its jet air( thomsons) or thomas cook...The air fares where stupid this year,we canceled our normal visit at pelie & marias end of july coz of flight costs.Almost €1,000  for 2 adults.so now we come end of august for €400.but stay at jasmine as pelie was full.  You dont find self catering accomodation in Belgian travel accomodation.lucky i know of SS from when i lived in Uk..

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »
Waspman. Can u tell why I shouldn't use my clarity card at the cash machine please.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:25:48 PM »
Waspman. Can u tell why I shouldn't use my clarity card at the cash machine please.

Jaxbubbles, you certainly can use your Halifax Clarity Card at an ATM overseas, there are no withdrawal fees as there is with most other credit cards, however when withdrawing from an overseas ATM you will pay interest from the day the cash is withdrawn, even if you pay off the balance in full, the rate is relatively low at about 12.9% I believe.

Use it abroad at tavernas, bars, supermarkets, anywhere that accepts them and you will get the best exchange rate available without exception, it is the best card available at present.

Congratulations on choosing this card, you are in a minority (including me) on this forum.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni