Author Topic: Hungarian Beatles at 3W  (Read 11854 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Hungarian Beatles at 3W
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »
Had a great night last night at 3W. The place was really busy and buzzing.

I have to say that I have always been more of a Rolling Stones woman, but the group that are on at 3W doing a Beatles tribute act every Sunday  are really brilliant entertainment.

Apparently they are all Hungarian! but whatever nationality they are they are very enthusiastic.

Well worth a visit,  even if it's only to see the wigs!! ;D

Offline Maxg

• View Profile
Re: Hungarian Beatles at 3W
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
Totally agree a fab night  out.
But even if you don't go to see the band Margarita will always make you feel welcome a great little bar all round
 :)

Offline gillybean 2871

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »
I have to agree!  Hubby and I are big Beatles fans, went to see Let It Be in June and have planned our anniversary weekend in Liverpool for the Beatles weekend.  So when we saw the "Help" band advertised on a lamp-post when we were in San Stef a couple of weeks ago we decided to go!  Well worth seeing...they were superb!  Great atmosphere in the bar too!

Offline Maxg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »
Hi gillybean,
Coming from Liverpool myself I know you will have a fantastic time in my city.
I am sure the Beatles weekend will be fab as usual but there's so much more to see and do and in my biased view it is now a world class city both for culture and nightlife.
Hope you both have a great time :)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »
 Hi maxg. We are coming over from Belgium on 8th november with ryanair to manchester and spending 3 nights in liverpool.Staying at the Liner hotel behind lime street station.realy looking forward to it.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
Rilo57, may I recommend you go on the National Trust tour to the childhood homes of Lennon & McCartney. It brought a lump to my throat!

Offline Maxg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:55 PM »
Hi rilo57,
I don't want to sound like a tourist information centre.
But were you are staying, just across the road is St Georges Hall it is free and a must to visit .
You can sit in the Judges chair and visit the court inside, a famous trial took place there it was the trial of Florence Maybrick in 1889 who was accused of Murdering her husband.
In 1992 I think, a Diary of his surfaced suggesting he may have been Jack the Ripper.

Also Worth a visit are Williamson Tunnels http://www.williamsontunnels.co.uk.
He was quite a character.
Hope you have a great time and welcome.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »
hi guys, thanks for info...dont want to sound ungratefull but i come from just a stones throw away down the lancs..st helens..my wife is belgian and we are coming over with family to do a guided tour..main thing will be mathew street with a visit to the cavern.albert docks, both cathedrals and a ferry cross the mersey. just a pity the punch and judy pub is no longer there,that was a place to be on a saturday afternnon,could buy anything..

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 01:25:50 AM »
Bridewell, Casa and the Philarmonic are my fave scouse pubs

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 01:34:23 AM »
Yep philamonica is special,even when you take a pee

Offline gillybean 2871

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
Hi gillybean,
Coming from Liverpool myself I know you will have a fantastic time in my city.
I am sure the Beatles weekend will be fab as usual but there's so much more to see and do and in my biased view it is now a world class city both for culture and nightlife.
Hope you both have a great time :)

Hi Maxg!
Thanks for this!  We've been down to Liverpool a couple of times and really love it!  We've booked the Premier Inn right in the city centre so everything will be on hand!  I fancy doing the Beatles Experience as well as taking in a few bands around the city.  What else would you suggest as a MUST SEE while we are there?
Cheers
Gillybean  :D

Offline Maxg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »
Hi gillybean,
Having been here a couple of times allready you have more than likley done most things like the museums etc.
So it depends what you are looking for? however both our Cathedrals are worth a visit.
Or book on to one of the Ghost tours we have done the Shiverpool one and it was quite good.
Also there is now a upsurge of what they call secret bars, which are quite quirky a internet search of liverpools secret bars will give you more info.
Our favourites are Berry&Rye, Kazimier gardens and for the wow factor Alma de Cuba on a Saturday night to watch the heavens open at midnight (a bit of a cryptic clue )
Berry & Rye is at the top of  Berry st number 48 and is like a speakeasy bar a gem in this city from the outside it shows no appearence of a bar push on the black door and entre through the velvet curtin into a cozy bar word of warning it opens at five so go early otherwise you will not get in.
Maxg :D

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »
 Last time i was over we went to the Alma De Cuba.  Bumpt into Luis Suarez,was lucky he didnt bite...

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »
The anglican cathedral has a lift up the tower,superb views on a clear day.just note there are still stairs when you get out of the lift.The slaughter house pub is worth a visit,yep that is what it used to be..Also a real gem of a pub but minute is The Bee Hive,sardines come to mind but great atmos...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni