Author Topic: Time for my review!  (Read 10914 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Time for my review!
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
Just arrived back Friday from our 10th holiday in San Stefanos.  As always we had a lovely time.  The weather has been fabulous with 1 heavy downpour on Thursday evening.  Met some lovely forumites.  My first mention has to go to the gorgeous Mary and her friend Pamela, who were staying at Stamatis, as were we. They were great company in the Condor, with Mary on the Karaoke, she has a fabulous voice. We thoroughly missed them when they left, but we hope to see them again next year.  Mary introduced us to the lovely Tony and Linda and we send them our best wishes. Our second week was busier than the first and we found there to be more young couples and families around, which is good for the village.  We always eat at the Nafsica and the food was as good as ever.  Spiros and his staff, as always, were very friendly and attentive.  Most of the restaurants looked busy.  Condor had the usual tribute acts (if that is your thing) Lady Gaga, Robbie Williams and a very good singer (who looked like Vinnie Jones!) who did a motown night.  Elvis was on at the Silver Star and George Michael at El Greco.  Bar 38 had a fantastic Latin dance night, which I enjoyed, as that is my 'thing'. It was full both Fridays.  Bar 38 still has the local teenagers in and whilst they are no trouble, it does put some people off from going in there.  They all tend to congregate on the front patio, where most people like to sit, so sometimes you have to sit inside which we don't want to do.  But as Spiros says, they are his future drinkers........? The sunbeds were full most days as there is an area of beds that are no longer there.  The tide was in on a number of occasions, but this didn't affect us, as we go down the 'bottom' end, where the beach was very wide. There was some seaweed near the sunbeds, but this seemed to be cleared daily.  Nothing much else has changed and prices, we found, were much the same as last year. We are just looking now to book for next year!

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Time for my review!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
Thanks for the update post Karen. We are counting down ours sleeps to go 4 left :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »
Thanks for the update post Karen. We are counting down ours sleeps to go 4 left :)
Hope you have a lovely time!! :)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »
Thanks for the helpful report Karen , glad you had a good time, like the word forumites also! Can I ask for a wee bit of clarity re the beach sun beds etc. We stay at the Romanza and toddle down the clay path to the cliff end of the beach. How is this area holding up?  In the past sun beds came almost to this point, and the beach is nice and wide up to the Romanza end, will we still see sun beds this side? 1 week until we are there. Cheers.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:54:33 PM »
Hi Selsey
Beach beds are not as far as the Romanza this year as yet but maybe soon. The beach is quite wide at the far end (nudie area) but considerably narrower the town end.
See you on 21st but sadly only for one day.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »
Cheers Waspman, yes will watch out for you when we arrive. We like the sun beds near the cliff end just a little quieter , nothing to do with the nudie section !!!  ;D

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:25:52 AM »
Get your brolly up Kev

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »
Yes quite right in what Waspman has said.  We don't use the sunbeds, but understand that some people prefer to and indeed have to.  But the nudie end of the beach is very wide and we found more people coming down there with their towels and brollies.  Also not too much problem with seaweed, although our last couple of days it was coming in, but not right onto the beach.

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 09:42:37 PM »
Thanks Karen :)

Offline ianlivi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 11:15:45 AM »
Got home on Monday after another great holiday, San Stefanos has not changed much from previous years still the same friendly village with many good restaurants. Our's was the usual lazy couple of weeks, enjoyed our walks to Arillas and Akrotiri on many late afternoons. This year we tried for the first time Fantasea- 2 visits and Quattro which we enjoyed, our particular favourites Ozzy Oils - 4 visits including the BBQ, Beachcomer -2 visits and Nafsika - 2 visits. Also went to Olympia, Manthos and Waves all serving tasty food.
Prices at all restaurants were similar to last year although did feel portions were slightly smaller which is a good thing (for stomach) as we always thought they were too large. Attended some live music evenings with some good musicians however less gigs due no doubt to the World Cup. Weather was very good with a slight breeze most days and one thunderstorm late at night. Nice to see familiar locals who greet you like old friends.
We discussed 2015 this week and after initially deciding we would go to a different Island it ended up SS again (4th time) - it draws you back. While at the apartments and talking to others we found that many had already booked for next year with some unable to get dates they wanted. This did make us decide to book now (early for us normally September) . On checking online had difficulty meeting our requirements finally got a 11 day holiday instead of 14 - looks like Mythos will be fully booked again next year!

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »
Great review Karen, we're still here, last night tho but do have most of tommorow in the sun before we have to leave :( pretty sure myself & Charlotte saw you and you husband (rucksack) off to the beach a few times. But a little to shy to say hi in case we got the wrong people haha.. Anyway very happy with stamatis! And especially how quiet the pool is :-)) right well it's time for lunch so we're off to glens for a tuna sandwhich.. P.s it rained ever so slight last night for 5 or 10 min while we were on our way to OzzyOils for dinner. Which is unusual! But soon cleared.. Charlotte is already on iPad looking at next years Hols back here lol.. Crs & Charl
Crs 😊🍻

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »
Great review Karen, we're still here, last night tho but do have most of tommorow in the sun before we have to leave :( pretty sure myself & Charlotte saw you and you husband (rucksack) off to the beach a few times. But a little to shy to say hi in case we got the wrong people haha.. Anyway very happy with stamatis! And especially how quiet the pool is :-)) right well it's time for lunch so we're off to glens for a tuna sandwhich.. P.s it rained ever so slight last night for 5 or 10 min while we were on our way to OzzyOils for dinner. Which is unusual! But soon cleared.. Charlotte is already on iPad looking at next years Hols back here lol.. Crs & Charl
Hi Crs & Charl

You should have said hello, it would have been nice to meet you.  We were looking out for you but couldn't place anyone (without staring rudely at everyone!) that we thought was you.  Anyway, so pleased that you liked Stamatis and hope you get want you want for next year.  We are looking to book ours tomorrow, hopefully for same time next year. Enjoy your last day and have a good journey home!!  Karen 8)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni