Author Topic: San Stefanos in September  (Read 16219 times)

Offline Ashby8

• View Profile
San Stefanos in September
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
We visited San Stefanos for the first time in June this year and really enjoyed it. We loved being able to go for walks through the Olive Groves or over the ridge to Arillas - the wild flowers and butterflies were fantastic. We really enjoyed the different restuarants and would love to return next year. The problem is that we are already committed to a cruise in June next year and wondered what the resort (and walks re flowers etc) would be like in early September.  Also what the weather would  be like (I know this is a hard one.)  We stayed at the Little Prince Apts and thought it was great (good food in the resturant) and so near the Bakery.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos in September
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »
September is a lovely time to go although everywhere is usually quiet dry after the heat of the Summer. Weather we have found is always nice and hot although have had the odd storm but nothing to be concerned about.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:39:16 AM »
September is lovely....weather is usually good, and the sea and pools are still warm due to having the sun on them all summer!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 01:44:02 AM »
Yep,agree with everybody..my first visits were always last week in september,first week october.had great weather.maybe a storm now and again but always nice after..go for it

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:42:04 AM »
We've only been to SS once so perhaps not best qualified to reply, but it was 2nd two weeks in Sept last year. Lovely and hot, only one morning we had a heavy shower but it soon cleared up. Have booked again for this year, travelling on 8th Sept!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:31:20 PM »
We arrive on the 7th for our 2nd jaunt this year. Cant wait

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 01:22:54 PM »
Our first visit was in mid Sept and we arrived to a crashing thunderstorm and high winds, thinking 'whatever have we done?!'  We did have quite a lot of wind during our visit, but as has already been said, the temperature of the sea and pools is lovely.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »
  I think the wind could be due to the change of diet?

Offline Ashby8

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
Thanks for your advice. The sea was abit chilly when we visited in June so it would be great if it was warmer. We may in be bring another two couples with us as they seem very keen on visiting the area. Does anyone know how much a taxi (for 6) would be to go to Ag. Georg. for the day?

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »
Hire three quad bikes Ashby8 very doable on those and great fun  :)

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
  I think the wind could be due to the change of diet?

Thanks Rilo, I knew I could rely on someone to pick up on that one!  The other thing we noticed about September was the number of wasps around.  Virtually non-existent in late May and June (when we returned for our 2nd visit), but rather a lot in Sept.  I assume this was down to the harvesting and maturing fruit.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
Im dreading the wasps in September i must admit. Scared stiff of my little boy getting stung!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »
I've been a few times in Sept and I've had crap weather in the last two weeks of September (the storms of 2008 that took the roof of the Teresa...) and also great weather.

The only issue i have in September is the bloody wasps which are a bit of a nightmare.

Apart from that, its a lovely time to go
x

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
Im dreading the wasps in September i must admit. Scared stiff of my little boy getting stung!

What's wrong with wasps?

Linnetman

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »
Always go to The Romanza in September, can't say we have ever been bothered by them. Perhaps one or two but that's all.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni