Author Topic: cash machine  (Read 34501 times)

Offline LouiseB

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
cash machine
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:15:26 PM »
Hi is their a cash machine in.San stefanos????. Thinking of.bringing a cash passport  but need to.be able to withdraw cash????? Thanks xxx

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: cash machine
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:08:36 PM »
Hi Louise .  Last year there were 2 ,  thomas bay and outside san stef travel, I belive the one at thomas bay has gone, we took cash passport last year and worked great for us , there is or was a atm in avliotes or 3 or 4 in sidari, always rent a scooter so no major problem , would say nearly everywhere accepted it , always was cash in eitheratm in san stef .  Happy holidays , and remember if you got no cash you can always pay tomorrow,, its the  greek way !!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
Lesley has told us that there is ONE ATM in the village, next to Margarita's supermarket - none in Avliotes - none in Arillas. Otherwise it's Sidari! Take some cash.

Offline LouiseB

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »
Oh dear....cash passports purchased as looked on the San stefanos travel website and it said atm at Thomas bay hotel !!! Perhaps I won't mention this to the parents who were a bit apprehensive about this ....oops!!!

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
It is not too far to walk to Louise,a lovely 10 minute stroll fromT Bay hotel,enjoy ! :)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »
The one at San Stef travel has been working fine since we got here. Never out of cash although could change if gets busier

Offline LouiseB

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 12:38:40 AM »
Ooh fabulous.....at least I know we can get some cash .... Thanks for the advice everyone it's very much appreciated. 6 days to go :)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 01:21:14 AM »
Gavlah...do you notice much traffic noise from where your staying at peros? Was just one thing i was worried about staying at Jasmine

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »
Gavlah...do you notice much traffic noise from where your staying at peros? Was just one thing i was worried about staying at Jasmine

Not much traffic noise Rilo. You do get the odd loud moped/motorbike going past but it certainly isn't distracting.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »
Doesn't bother you during the day but you can get woken up on a night a couple of times. Last night one went past and it sounded like a rocket!! About 1am. ..... I'd just dropped off!!

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »
Found the Cash machine near San Stef Travel to be working 50 percent of the time,bit frustrating at times to be honest

Online Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
The ATM did run out of money late last week on Thursday then Friday was a National and Public Holiday then  it was Saturday and Sunday so it got refilled on Monday...... Its been fine since.....

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »
Good to hear Lesley  :) :)

Offline SanDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 02:47:57 PM »
Just to update this topic for 2015, there are now three cash machines in San Stefanos NW.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 12:37:39 PM »

There may be cash machines to use , but will there be any cash to dispense ?  The way the Greeks are withdrawing their cash from the banks is frightening.  Something has to give soon. I think we should take cash with us.
Adventure before dementia

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni