Author Topic: end of September  (Read 7224 times)

Offline farrelly

• View Profile
end of September
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »
Sorry didn't finish my message pressed wrong button. We are hoping to come 26th September for 2 weeks  wondered how busy things will be, will it be very quiet and will everywhere be open late in the season. Also whats the weather like that late. We came last year in September but it was abit earlier we arrived 12th September for 2 weeks, we really enjoyed it staying in the old part of  the village. But thinking of somewhere like Little Prince this time. :D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: end of September
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
Sorry I posted to your other one. Anyway welcome to the forums. We are all a friendly bunch . Not sure what the weather is like that late but someone on here will let you know.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:42:29 PM »
We were there end of September last year for two weeks. It was hot and sunny initially but my lady needed a an extra layer at night. You may get the occasional thunderstorms and heavy rain, but then the sun comes out an fit just becomes a talking point.

Andy and Debbie

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
It's unpredictable that late in the season. Last year was fairly wet. The year before was hot and sunny and we were on the beach or by the pool on Oct 19th, when we left.

It can get cool in the evening.

My advice would be pack for all eventualities, and be sure to have rain-wear. It's a great time for walking - far better than full summer heat - so walking shoes are a good idea.

Some tavernas will close and many sun-beds on the beach will migrate to their winter homes, but there will always be plenty of places to eat and drink.

Others will probably disagree, but I think that you should plan where you're going to stay taking into account the fact that if it does decide to rain with hurricane-force winds for a few days and you are way out from anywhere to eat it could be less than joyous unless you have a car. Good places to stay would be self-catering apartments that serve food, of which there are many (Romanza, Vikki, Athina, Barras, Little Prince, for example). This is also a good time for half-board. When the weather closed in and we were at Nafsika we didn't need to get wet, and the inmates (sorry, guests) developed a nice sense of British WWII survival community spirit sitting in the bar with Spiros leading the singing of "Who Do You Think You're Kidding Mr Hitler?" (That's a lie, but it's an amusing thought!)

Go expecting the worst and then every gorgeous day feels like a gift from the gods. The sea is usually warm, and the sunsets can be spectacular if there are storms out to sea. The food remains fantastic and the beer tastes just as good.

We'll be back in late September for the third year - so you can tell that we love it.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:16:59 PM »
Our last departures up here at Vicky's are 6th October for s14........

Offline farrelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 12:27:51 AM »
Thanks for your replies, think we are going to book for 26th September for 2 weeks. We look after grandchildren during school hols so cant see us coming before then. Need my San Stefanos fix. We laughed about Nafsica and the british spirit and thinking of Spiros singing. We have had some lovely holidays at Nafsica. We would go there this year but want to try eating out at other tavenas. Problem with Nafsica the food is so good and when staying half board don't want to eat anywhere else. Well may well see some of you there at the end of September.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 02:56:01 AM »
See you there!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni