Author Topic: El Greco.  (Read 23649 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
El Greco.
« on: June 21, 2014, 10:55:28 AM »
Just back from another fabulous holiday yesterday.Stayed in Little Prince again,and enjoyed it very much.Just a word of warning for those staying there with kids this year.There has been a war of words between the Two Stars,Silver Star and Little Prince over the volume of the music from El Greco.They had a guy on last Sunday night playing live,and it was incredibly loud, drowning out the traditional Greek music from Little Prince,this went on until well after midnight.Dimitri had called the police to complain, it was so bad,we could not sleep,and we were in room 101.He had a wall built between the Prince and El Greco,to prevent the sound spoiling the quieter music in the Princess Bar, and the staff at El Greco punched a hole through the wall and turned their speakers around to face the hole. Hopefully things will be resolved soon.

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: El Greco.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 01:54:14 PM »
We are going in a few weeks staying at Little Prince for the 5th time,we will have our 10 year old daughter with us.I can't remember is 101 near the pool, or is it at the the other end of the corridor ?

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »
All sounds a tad unsavoury to me. Why can't people rub along? Why have the music so loud that 3 separate places complain? Beats me.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
101 is the farthest from the pool. 109 is next to the pool.

Sad story, this. It's everything that Agios Stephanos isn't.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »
This is shocking. Who owns El Greco? It's not what it needs.
We were there last year when it was the boxing night. The music all over the village that night was ridiculous as they all seemed to crank the volume up to be heard.

A one off I know but its not needed every night

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »
Just to clarify,it was not every night,if I remember correctly,Sunday night and Tuesday night.It felt like we were in Sidari,it was that bad.Dimitri told us that it has been ongoing for a short spell,and the owners of the El Greco had been instucted to turn it down by the police.but it was the same again on the Tuesday night volume wise,but it quietened down around midnight.Felt so sorry for the folks in the rooms facing the road.I,m sure Dimitri will find a solution,he was so angry,he may lose some trade if the noise continues in our opinion.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »
Get ready for the first Trip Advisor reports.......

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
Uh oh . Sounds like there's  gonna be El on !

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »
They had live music on when we were there in May. It had gone 1am and was really loud - Dimitris was not impressed.
We then walked through the village and Bar 38 was just as loud!! I felt very sorry for anyone staying in Thomas Bay as they had it from both sides. The Condor was still going strong but had closed their doors so it was not too bad.
You could still hear the music when we got back to the Kapentanios - but after about 10 mins it went quiet - so not sure if the police turned up or what.
If this was early season I dread to think what it will be like in July/August with all of the other venues trying to out do each other!! To be honest that 'strip' reminds me of Sidari and is not my favourite part of the village in the evening!!

Offline deerocker

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
That part of the village has for the last few years been known as Little Sidari..It will get worse I'm sure..Shame really..
"It's not the size of the ship; it's the size of the waves." - Little Richard

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
Felt a little different on leaving on Friday,normally hate to go home,but something just not quite right about the atmosphere at nights now.Noise levels seem to be increasing which is so sad,it was lovely to sit on an evening on the balcony and listen to all the different Greek bouzouki music emanating from all the different tavernas,sadly it appears to be playing second fiddle to rap,rock and all the wrong type of stuff for the lovely village.I fear, as someone else says,another Sidari in the making,I pray not,there is nowhere else we would rather be other than San Stefanos.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 12:04:07 AM »
What sort of audience does this attract? We went to Athens bar for music, but this was not loud or intrusive.

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »
The Athens bar is our favourite! Music fab - but not too loud so you can still have a conversation.

Also, Nikos makes the place - so full of life and happy!!

When we were there El Greco had live Greek music - which was lovely - and much better than the dreadful so called tribute acts - who sound nothing like the real performers!

But by 1am a lot of people are wanting to sleep - and the sound should have been reduced a bit. It will be interesting to see how noisy it is next month.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 01:36:22 AM »
I'm now starting to almost dread visiting. How long before an Irish bar opens in the old Sundowner?!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 02:08:17 AM »
Glad our accommodation is away from the town centre

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni