Author Topic: El Greco.  (Read 23669 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: El Greco.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
Yes. Must meet!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 07:52:07 PM »
Yes I also noted that Bar 38 was incredibly loud last June. So loud that it has always deterred me from venturing in for a drink, which is a shame.
Totally agree.  This has always been one of our favourite bars, from when it was over the road. Spiros was trying to hold a conversation with us when we were there last June and we told him we couldn't hear him because of the loud music, but he didn't get it!  We normally ended up in Athens Bar which was much quieter.  May give Bar 38 a miss this year if we can't even hold a conversation!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
Got to agree about Bar 38, couldn't hold a conversation there last year, shame as it's one of our favourites, will try again this year but if too noisy we will go elsewhere.

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
I remember the old Bar38 on the other side of the street, quiet and friendly with a great atmosphere.

Only ever been into the new Bar38 once and that was enough!

Shame the El Greco is causing so many problems as the extended bar is great to look at and improves the street scene.

Andy

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 10:19:27 PM »
We preferred it when it was over the road.  When we first went in 2004, it was called Rosies, it was very much a rustic bar and we had lots of fun in there. 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni