Author Topic: ozzy oils  (Read 30581 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: ozzy oils
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 01:30:00 AM »
Quite agree Jules, always find it great there, excellent food (especially BBQ Night) Kerry is the perfect host.

Looks like we have all had different experiences then and that I suppose would be the reason  why we would eat there again or not!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »
A couple of years ago we went to Ozzy Oils for a meal but didn't like the menu and have never been back since. Can't put my finger on why really but if I was pressed I would say we prefer the old part of the village.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 01:48:42 AM »
We've been going to Ag Stef for many, many years and I can say that we've not had a bad meal in any taverna, that said we do have our preferences

Offline ianlivi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »
Usually eat at Ozzy Oils two or three times when in SS one being the BBQ night, have always had a friendly welcome  and tasty food. OK it's not "Greek" but we enjoy different dishes hence Ozzy and Beachcomer visits with the other nights being Greek meals. Having said that each to his own, however have to say never had a  poor meal in either SS or Arillas. Almost down to single figures now before arrival.

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »
We always said Beachcomber wasn't for us, having said that we hadn't tried it, just gone on the menu. Then this year decided to give it a go and were blown away and went 3 times, can't wait to return in sept. What we thought looked rather austere inside couldn't have been further from the truth, lovely food, lovely welcome, lovely staff, no not lovely food -stunning food.

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »
We visited Ozzy Oil when we were over there last week and although the food was lovely as always the atmosphere was definitely lacking without Kerry there. The staff members were polite enough but I must agree everywhere else are so eager to greet you when you walk in and shake your hand as you are leaving but there was none of this. Won't stop me going back though. 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
I think we'll give it another go when we return in September.

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »
We've always had lovely meals at Ozzy Oils and really enjoy eating there. We were always keen BBQ goers, we didn't really enjoy the quiz tacked onto the BBQ night last year though, we found it a bit too much enforced fun. We'll definitely be back for more meals in August however.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »
Must admit we were not too fussed on the quiz at the end on the BBQ night, it went in far too long.  The food was good though, both times we went.  It was just other guests that just happened to be there both times we were there that spoilt our night.  Hopefully we will be trying it again this year and it being a more relaxed atmosphere than the last twice!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »
I think we'll give it another go when we return in September.

Thought you were going in a July, why not try it then, it's a nice place to buy "someone special" a supper?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:47:11 AM by Waspman »

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:26 AM »
Agree about the quiz Jacksi, We won it last year, just because the questions were exactly the same as previous occasions

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 01:25:44 AM »
We were not impressed when we went a few years ago. Hence, another try, when we go back in  September and not on half-board.

Offline allanm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 09:08:26 PM »
We have always enjoyed our meals there, sometimes,we just fancy a change from Greek food,so we go Aussie. The pie and mash is fabulouse and the breaded perch is also excellent. When we went in June this year,Kerry was still in Australia.The couple who were standing in for her were a bit out of their depth,but were trying their best.Now Kerry is back i am sure you will see the difference,we will be eating there again in August,can,t wait.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 10:22:41 PM »
Agree with you Allanm, the pie and mash is gorgeous, as is the BBQ night, the one meal I couldn't eat very easily was the Mangaroo (mango & kangaroo), it kept jumping off the plate.
Only joking Kerry!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Missed Kerry at front of house in June this year, but hey -the food was great.....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni