Author Topic: Doctors surgery  (Read 9283 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Doctors surgery
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »
Does anyone know if the doctors surgery is still there? May need it for my regular steroid injections when the mossies bite!! :'(

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Doctors surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 12:26:16 AM »
Yes, the Doctors surgery is still here, located behind San Stef car hire, opposite us.

The doc isn't there all day, but the docs assistant arrives around 10.30 - 11 ish. Not really taken much notice of how long he's there, but Doctor Yiannis will come down to the village if called.

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »
We had Dr Yannis last year when the two grandchildren developed chickenpox,he was such a nice man and so helpful .

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
Me too. I got severe vertigo last year and he was excellent. Far better than my own GP was when I got home. I also saw him about  13 years ago with an ear infection would never worry about consulting him, though it was a little alarming last year when he visited me and arrived carrying a B&Q type toolbox for a medical bag!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
Yes, the Doctors surgery is still here, located behind San Stef car hire, opposite us.

The doc isn't there all day, but the docs assistant arrives around 10.30 - 11 ish. Not really taken much notice of how long he's there, but Doctor Yiannis will come down to the village if called.

Thank you Hippopots.  That sounds like the Dr Yiannis who has treated me before.  Hopefully won't have to visit him this year, but comforting to know there is someone about who we can consult if necessary! We are staying at Stamatis and will be arriving in 10 days! 8)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:25:22 AM »
If you get bitten put a hot spoon (as hot as you can take) on the bite as soon as you can.
Got a mate who lives in Indonesia and he swears by it

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:18 AM »
Except if it's on your John Thomas

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 02:19:12 AM »
I work with a guy called John Thomas and fortunately he has a sense of humour! Perhaps I should ask him if the hot spoon works?
It is also fortunate that, working in a school, our students are either too young or are not well read enough to realise there is great potential for mickey taking. Even some of the younger staff don't get the joke.
I was also tempted to ask if the John Thomas in this thread was related to the "dizzy Thomas" in another?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni