Author Topic: Selecting seats! Plus other issues with Thomson  (Read 24401 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Selecting seats! Plus other issues with Thomson
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Seats now booked  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »
So have we. Even after several emails Thomson could not tell me how much baggage was on the original booking, so I booked some extra and ended up with 25 Kilos.

This year everything seems to be 15.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
We went to Tenerife with Thomson last month, 20kg allowance then.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »
We always only seem to have 15kgs allowance when we go to San Stef, so we always pay for an extra 5kgs each.  However when we go to Gran Canaria, we always seem to get 20kgs ??? Not as yet had any issues with booking seat numbers though.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »
Finally got to speak with someone at Thomsons today who actually sounded interested and who got back to me almost straight away!  But it gets even more stupid!! You wouldn't believe!! 

She agreed we had had 20 kgs from the start and said I had actually signed for this when we booked it but I had also signed for the 25 kgs when I upgraded!!  I explained I signed for an extra 5 kgs as I was informed we only had 15 kgs. She said the girl should have gone through the details with me when I signed but I explained she didn't do thus, the shop was very busy and she just handed me over the confirmation of payment all folded up.  I said the 3 times I was told that we only had 15 and we couldn't manage with that for 2 weeks and surely before telling me 3 times the eating weight they should have checked our details properly!!  It didn't take this girl very long to realise what had happened!! 

Now this is where it gets stupid!!  She said they were telling her (Thimsons airline I think) that if we want to reduce back to 20 kgs then we have to pay another £56 to do so!! 

She is going to speak to "the team" and get back to me!!!  I feel a complaint to their head office coming up!!  £56 is not a massive amount but that's not the point is it?  Anyway it would have paid for a decent meal in SS or lots if alcohol!!! 

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »
It makes me very glad that we travel with Easyjet!! What a nightmare, seems that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
Stay on the case Jacksi (if you'll pardon the pun) and stick out for some compensation for all the hassle, cost of phone calls, etc - you might get a voucher off next year's holiday! The more people acccept poor service, the more these big companies think they can get away with it.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
I fully intend to carry on with this until I either get my money Bach, vouchers towards trips or next year's deposit or if those fail at least champagne and chocolates on the plane out would be nice!!!  Lol

Offline romanza man

• SanStef Regular
  • July 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 12:14:03 AM »
We are at the Romanza on 14 July and we have 20 kgs as usual. Got a bit worried when we read the initial post, so double checked on the my Thomson page and it showed as 20. So was pleased when the e tickets came and confirmed it.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 03:51:10 PM »
Just printed our boarding passes for our trip on June 27th.  We find this does speed up the process when checking in! :)

Offline KevLiz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
We fly out on 30th June and have only got 15kg this year, so had to pay for the extra 5kg each. In the past it's always been 20kg.

Only giving 15kg then charging for the extra 5kg makes the basic price look cheap when you first look at, it just a way to make to make you think it is cheaper.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:28:53 PM by KevLiz »

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 04:15:19 PM »
Flying with Thomson's from Bristol with 20kgs (not 15 + 5 extra jst 20kgs). Not sure why its 15 for some people then 20 for others 
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »
We could not make the prices work with Thomsons this year, so booked independent accomm / flights, flying with Thomas Cook out of Newcastle. If I recall, there was only one hold luggage option set at 20k. Even with private transfers we saved a small fortune dropping Thomsons this time around. Not sure how I would feel paying extra for hold luggage when you see what some passangers manage to get into the cabin as hand luggage!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
Last year we booked a package with Thomsons. We were actually sub contracted out to Jet2 for the flight part of the holiday. We only got 15kgs then for some reason

I agree Kev, I think indie is the way forward for us too if possible. That said there are some ridiculously cheap deals about through Thomson at the moment for those able 'to drop everything' and go

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
Got 20 kilos for this year with Thomsons but only 15 kilos for next years hols
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni