Author Topic: Selecting seats! Plus other issues with Thomson  (Read 24399 times)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Selecting seats! Plus other issues with Thomson
« on: June 11, 2014, 01:46:58 AM »
Hi - just remembered to do this selecting seats with Thomson for our flights and even though it's less than 90 days before we are home it won't let me book our seats, the plan comes up but it won't let me book the actual seats, has anyone else had this problem? We paid extra for this too!!

Also for the first time ever I (or my other half) misplaced the original booking paperwork. When I rang Thomson to ask for a further copy it never arrived.  I thus telephoned them to ask what the final balance was and just queried how much hold luggage allowance we were entitled to they told me 15 kgs, I was convinced it had been 20 but they were adamant that it was just 15.  When I went in to pay the final amount I again queried the luggage allowance and again was told it was just 15.  No way I can cope with just 15kgs for 2 weeks so I paid for an extra 5 kgs each.  Now after trying to book our seats I was reading through the confirmation they gave me when I went to pay and I now see we have an allowance of 25 kgs each!!  I am annoyed as I have been misinformed twice and paid out extra for something we didn't need!! 

I am not a happy person tonight but I will be on the phone to them tomorrow!!  Has anyone else had any if these problems? Thanks for listening anyway.

Gavlah1973

Re: Selecting seats! Plus other issues with Thomson
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:54:48 AM »
They'll sort that. Just hope you get through to the UK and not India

Any issues just go into one of their shops

Offline gillybean 2871

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 02:34:12 AM »
hey Jacksi, i had a brief problem with Thomson today. i went into the site to input my APIs and although the option was on the screen it wasn't 'clickable'.  Then i noticed that at the top of the page it asks you for your email address so that confirmation of your seat selection/extras can be sent to you. once you put in your email address the options below become clickable.

We use Thomson every year but this year the admin/customer service has slipped and I've been disappointed. they gave  me wrong dates for our balance to be paid and started sending me demands and cancellation notices 2 weeks before the actual due date.  The balance was different on the email than it was in the letter as well. Unnecessary stress.  :-[

Hope you manager to get it sorted  :)

Offline Mary and Geoff

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »
We had the same problem with booking seats, it will not let you book them until it is 90 days until your return flight.
Mary and Geoff

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
It does say that quite clearly, though it is confusing at first.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:22:04 AM »
It's only 60 days until we go so it's less than the 90 days.  I will keep you informed what happens. 

It did let me do the API but not book the seats.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »
Rung Thomson this morning, they booked the seats for me over the telephone, luckily I had remembered the ones i wanted to book.

They are getting back to me regarding the luggage weight, they said they have to contact the airline but as yet they have not got back to me and I rang them this morning just after 9 am and it is now lunchtime!!!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
I looked at booking our seats as we did last year just after the 90 day mark but all the extra leg room seats were taken for the both the outward and inward journey's. That being the case I'll just take my chances when I check-in on-line and get the seats allocated.

One thing....... our original booking was for a 5.30am flight. That is now showing as 5am on their website but I haven't had notification of the change. Lucky I checked really though a 30 minute change wouldn't have been a problem I suppose.

I hate airlines I do....
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 06:35:13 PM »
Jacksi, Thompson have recently changed the allowance from 20kgs to 15kgs for new bookings that's  probably what's confused them. I'm dreading what they'll do with our booking as I'm flying over separately 5 days early. We've told them this twice but I've still had to book an outbound seat with my name on it as we'd paid for extra legroom. I think I'll phone again and remind them just before I go. 

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Jacksi, Thompson have recently changed the allowance from 20kgs to 15kgs for new bookings that's  probably what's confused them. I'm dreading what they'll do with our booking as I'm flying over separately 5 days early. We've told them this twice but I've still had to book an outbound seat with my name on it as we'd paid for extra legroom. I think I'll phone again and remind them just before I go. 

Are you going on your own for 5 days staying at Tereza? Did you already book a package?  Sounds complicated so from my experience of Thomson this year they are going to struggle to get it right!!  Keep us informed.

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »
Still not heard back from Thomsons re the luggage allowance even though I rang them early this morning - I will be onto them again in the morning!! 

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »
And again no response from Thomsons re the luggage allowance.  I rang them this morning again, told didn't think I could have a refund but Manager would be in contact with me before end of day.  I tried again around 4ish to be told (girl was getting rude now) the manager had tried to ring me back yesterday and today but my phone was engaged!!! 

So at the moment we have apparently 25 kgs of luggage each but each suitcase can only weigh 23 kgs max so it's beginning to look like I have paid £56 (that I didn't need to) for an extra 3kgs of luggage each!! 

I will be onto them again tomorrow!!! 

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
We had no probs booking our seats, probably about 8 weeks before travel. Luggage allowance from Edinburgh this year also cut 15kgs. Rather than pay Thomson any more money for what is simply a means of getting more money out of us, we decided just use the excellent laundry in the village, great service.

Offline LouiseB

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 01:28:01 AM »
If anyone who needs to get through to Thomson has Facebook they have a page and this was the only way I got any answer re issues I had with my booking. On average they responded within an hr of me posting a comment

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 02:36:37 AM »
We've had this issue of hold luggage weights with Thomson before.

In the past if you flew from the same airport, on the same flight, same day, same transfer bus, you will have different hold luggage weights dependent on which hotel/apartment you are staying at in Agios (San) Stefanos, for example Barras Apartments may have a 15kg allowance, whereas The Nafsika may have a 20kg allowance

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni