Author Topic: Scubadiving/snorkelling  (Read 6415 times)

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Scubadiving/snorkelling
« on: May 30, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »
Hi all, I wonder if you can help? My 2 teenagers (13 and 15)  fancy scuba diving or snorkelling as a trip out this year. I am not the strongest or most confident of swimmers whereas they are and are quite 'up' for this. Is there anywhere locally that offers this ? Many thanks.

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Scubadiving/snorkelling
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:32:15 PM »
Nula offers a scuba diving trip but I'm not sure where it goes. There is a PADI centre in Kassiopi which looks like a reasonable one. I'm sure they'll do some sort of try dive. We've snorkelled quite happily by the old harbour and seen a reasonable amount of life.

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 01:52:39 AM »
Thanks Teambunny  :) . I thought I had seen one on Noula's page before but it isn't there yet, I 'll keep a look out.  But I think I may also try your suggestion and try them with a snorkel in the old harbour first ...just in case !

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »
Some of our guests went this week with Noula's event and its over at Agios Georgios, Pagi NW Corfu.......

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 05:56:36 PM »
Amanda, depending where about you are in the UK, it might be worth getting them a pool session before you come on holiday. Most Padi centres will offer this and its often free. They go to a pool somewhere and try out the equipment etc and see if they like it, it would also mean that they have some idea of what they're doing and how the kit works when they get out there.  If you say where you are I might be able to give you an idea of where to go.

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »
Here at San Stefano Travel we use a very good dive company based in San George North. Guests have the option of either a beginners or experienced dive. The company pick up & drop back off in resort. They are also willing to take spectators. The cost is 50 euro. Hope this is of a help to you

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »
Hilary and Lesley thanks for the update on Noula's trip .I haven't seen it on the site so wasn't sure if it was happening this year.Good to know they do beginners and spectators  :). Teambunny we are in Brize Norton near Oxford. I am not sure about pagi centres occasionally the local pool has done a session or two but not frequently that I know of.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni