Author Topic: Great News!!.....Airport Shuttle Service  (Read 13234 times)

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Great News!!.....Airport Shuttle Service
« on: April 10, 2014, 01:16:26 AM »
     San Stefano Travel will be running an Airport Shuttle Service to and from resort this summer. Full details will be available on the Forum in the next week and guests will be able to make bookings via e mail to the office in due course. Keep counting down those days..... :)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Great News!!.....Airport Shuttle Service
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:57:52 AM »
Sounds interesting...lets see whats on offer...

joan

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
Thanks Hilary, good news, we always book a taxi with SS travel so count us in. :D

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
Hilary thank you for the update - once you have more information I would be interested also to know for our guests both at Vicky's and via Corfu Selections to offer this service if its fits into their arrival schedules.  Looking forward to hearing more information, Lesley

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:09:50 AM »
Great idea! Hopefully it will be popular.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »
Any more news about this ?. prices etc..... 8)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »
More details will be available very soon. We are in the process of tying as many flight arrivals & departures together as possible so that many guests can hopefully benefit from what we believe is going to be a great new service.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
My only concern would be possible delays from other flights. This would mean a lot of waiting time.

Also what would happen if my flight for example was over an hour late...... would the bus leave and how would we then get to resort?

Cheers

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 11:22:04 PM »
My only concern would be possible delays from other flights. This would mean a lot of waiting time.

Also what would happen if my flight for example was over an hour late...... would the bus leave and how would we then get to resort?

Cheers
I agree with you Gaviah , one of the reasons we stopped going with companies was the hanging about for others it is so much quicker by taxi . We shall have to wait until all the loose ends are sorted out but if it involves a few flights it may be a problem !

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »
Airport Shuttle Service sounds great, but I agree with Gavlah & Ioanna Once other people are involved you always find you are waiting for someone who has decided to go walkabout. and if the flights are delayed you might as well go with the tour company especially when it is usually paid for! At least if you hire a taxi it is only up to you . :-\

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »
Thanks all for your comments re the above proposed service. Should flights be delayed alternative arrangements would be made, customers would not be left stranded or waiting for others! It is something that we are still fine tuning.....The office officailly opens on 5th May. See you all soon  :)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
I notice on the Arillas website/forum (sister is heading to corfu for the first time in years and I was looking for info for her) that there is a posting board for taxi sharing. Visitors post flight arrival times etc and link up with others on the same flight or arriving at similar times and share the cost. I've never noticed that on this forum and wondered whether it had ever been tried??  Mrs Sellsy x

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 03:07:03 PM »
Good idea for taxi sharing. I know Cerys used to put people together for mini bus shares if arriving at the same time.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »
Just to keep you upto date. After much discussion, the shuttle service is not going to go ahead at present, however that could change as we get further into the season. I will keep you posted via here.

Hilary  ;)

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
Hi hilary , just a quick line regarding shuttle service, before I organise a transfer july27th is there any update regarding service, 4 of us arrive sunday lunch  san stef time ,  ryanair flight , do you have any arrivals at this time to share a minibus with before I look into booking my own transfer. Thanks , Tony

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni