Author Topic: Countdown has begun! :-)  (Read 23906 times)

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
Countdown has begun! :-)
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »
6 weeks this fri and we'll be on our way! 4th time on the trot and the 5th in total.. AND this year my mother is coming lol... She's become so intrigued that I keep coming back to san stefinos every year that she asked if we'd mind if she came with us this year! So she'll be with us (and probably treating us to a meal or 2 at delfino)  :D we're staying at stamatis this year.. We tend to stay somewhere diff each year.. So I'm hoping it will be ok. I'm sure it will..  It always feels like coming home the minute you drive into the village... If anyone else is staying at stamatis from July 4th give me a shout and we'll say hello..

Crs 😊🍻

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown has begun! :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »
Welcome to the forums crsfaz. You do realise your Mother will be wanting to go with you every year now after this one lol!!!. As you know she will have a great time and will be hooked by the friendliness and loveliness of the village
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
This will also be our fifth time "on the trot".  There's something magical about the place.  This has been discussed many times on this forum but I never tire of reading other peoples take on the place.  Jules is right crsfaz, your mother will be hooked.  Welcome to the forum, use it wisely.   ;)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  We will also be staying at Stamatis from 27th June for 2 weeks.  This will be our 9th visit, we love it there. Tom (owner) is very friendly and helpful if you have any concerns.  We hope you enjoy it there, as we have over the years.  We will look out for you.  We are the one's who don't rise until about 11am and make our way to the beach (hubby carries a big rucksack!). :) Karen & John

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
Great pool there, complete with a diving board at one end, and a child friendly area at the other. Never overly busy either. I'll spend some time and money there this year as usual.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »
Yep,it a nice pool area and kept very clean and tidy.serve nice food also.we usually call in at lunch time and enjoy the comfy seats with a beer and a tuna salad.

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:38 PM »
Ah thanks for the forum welcome guys.. As for my mother, there is the possibility that she'll get hooked.. As I did at the tender age of 37.. BUT it doesn't Necessarily mean she has to come with myself and my wife each year.. Does it!? Haha... She's welcome to, she's still a good laugh.. :) and stamatis sounds ok thanks for the feed back.. I'm never really worried about where I stay tho, as you guys know it's about the place!! As you know I'm a real newbie on here.. But if any of you guys are there same time as us (4th July for 2 wk) then by all means say hi, I'll be the one desperately trying to explain to his mother that she can come here anytime during the season and it doesn't have to be at the same time as me haha .. ;-))
Crs 😊🍻

Offline gillybean 2871

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Oooh, we fly out 6 weeks on Friday too!!  It's our first visit to SS but 4th visit to Corfu.  We're staying at Tsaros.  I'm loving this forum and the Facebook page!  Getting lots of info about the best places to eat (I love food!) and getting to know lots of the regulars!  Hope to say "hi" to some of you when we're there! ;)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:45:54 PM »
Ah thanks for the forum welcome guys.. As for my mother, there is the possibility that she'll get hooked.. As I did at the tender age of 37.. BUT it doesn't Necessarily mean she has to come with myself and my wife each year.. Does it!? Haha... She's welcome to, she's still a good laugh.. :) and stamatis sounds ok thanks for the feed back.. I'm never really worried about where I stay tho, as you guys know it's about the place!! As you know I'm a real newbie on here.. But if any of you guys are there same time as us (4th July for 2 wk) then by all means say hi, I'll be the one desperately trying to explain to his mother that she can come here anytime during the season and it doesn't have to be at the same time as me haha .. ;-))
My Mother got hooked! She was 100 years old when she enjoyed her last holiday in San Stefanos.She was an amazing lady,always happy,and she loved the people of San Stefanos and they loved her.

Offline crsfaz

• SanStef Regular
  • Love San Stef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:18 AM »
Nice one, we stayed at Tsaros the year before last, amazing views from the above the bar area and only a short walk to the top of the hill and over to arillas and breathtaking views!! :-) hope yr not adverse to steep hills tho as Tsaros is a steep climb, didn't bother us and I loved being close to the top..  Don't really want to wish my life away but..... ROLL on July 4th!! :-D
Crs 😊🍻

Offline ianlivi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »
40 days for us, 3rd visit to SS. Have previously stayed in   Arillas 3 times as well. We have visited a number of other Greek islands which we enjoyed but seemed to have settled on SS for  a totally relaxing holiday, good food and friendly locals. Enjoy our walks up to Akrotiri and on to Arillas for a meal in Brouklis. Never had a bad meal in either SS or Arillas.

Offline gillybean 2871

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 04:20:20 PM »
Nice one, we stayed at Tsaros the year before last, amazing views from the above the bar area and only a short walk to the top of the hill and over to arillas and breathtaking views!! :-) hope yr not adverse to steep hills tho as Tsaros is a steep climb, didn't bother us and I loved being close to the top..  Don't really want to wish my life away but..... ROLL on July 4th!! :-D

Oh I've been hearing about Cardiac Hill!  I must say, it kind of put me off when I first heard about it but not bothered now as I've heard great reviews of Tsaros!  Have been in training at the gym for the last couple of months anyway so should be able to cope fine, lol!   We'll be wearing our stickers so look out for us!  There's me (43), hubby (45) and daughter (12)!   ROLL on July 4th!!  ;D

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 09:41:01 PM »
It's very steep but only 50 yards from the bottom to the bar area. Thanassis also sells 6 packs of water to save you lugging it up the hill.
Nice spacious balconies and a lovely pool

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 12:24:03 AM »
Hi , new on here but not to San Stephanos  :). I have used the site to get updates, everyone seems so friendly so I plucked up the courage to join in. This year will be our 4th visit and we (me, hubby, daughter 15 and son 13) can't wait to return. Manage to make it back every couple of years since the children were small. Have stayed at the Tsaros . Lovely, friendly  spacious apartment with fantastic view over the bay and lemon trees outside the back balcony-bliss. The hill is steep just take your time, you get used to it and can always drop in for a dip in the pool and a restorative  if needed. Other times we stayed at the Rose Gardens and that's where we are this year. Will be our third visit there.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum amanda j.  The people on here are very informative and friendly.  The wife and I are also staying at the Rose Garden this year for the first time.  Do they have safety deposit boxes?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni