Author Topic: Well That Was An Expensive Weekend Trip to Kassiopi !  (Read 18292 times)

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
Well That Was An Expensive Weekend Trip to Kassiopi !
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:41:18 PM »
Hi All,

We spent Easter with a couple of friends in Kassiopi so we could be in Corfu Town for the pot smashing, which on the whole was a real spectacle and thoroughly recommended if you ever get the opportunity.

Whilst in Kassiopi we kept spotting a stray dog, that eventually won us over and we have now brought him back home to the UK with the help of the marvellous Cheryl at Corfu Animal Rescue Establishment. He's 80% English Setter, is now well settled, putting weight back on and is best mates with our Dalmatian Ruby. he's quite a regal chap with a lovely calm nature - unless he spots any kind of bird !

We had trip over to San Stefanos one day and it was really eerie to see it properly closed, Tasty Corner and the Bakery appeared open, but apart from seeing the irrepessible Robbie at Kapetanios, there was hardly a soul about - mind you that was Good Friday.

Had to cancel our trip to San Stefanos last Sept at short notice and this year we have special anniversary and family commitments so we won't be back. HOWEVER I have just booked 10 days at Kapentanios for September 2015 !

Keep up all the fun and laughter on this forum, it's keeps us all in touch with our favourite resort and have a great time all of you that are lucky enough to be going this year.

Cheers,

John.

Offline Terri

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Well That Was An Expensive Weekend Trip to Kassiopi !
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
What lovely people you are to adopt a stray dog and bring him home.  I hope he brings you much joy.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »
Cheddar, that was so nice of you bringing the dog home.  That would not have been cheap.  The wife and I stayed in Kassiopi roughly nine years ago and this dog followed us everywhere we went.  We tried to discourage it to no avail.  It broke our hearts when we came home.

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »
Rod, Terri,

Thanks for your kind comments, appreciated. I've hopefully uploaded a photo of (he that is now known as) Pano, with Ruby in the background. Once you see that face of his, you'll see why we had to bring the young scamp home !

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Rod, Terri,

Thanks for your kind comments, appreciated. I've hopefully uploaded a photo of (he that is now known as) Pano, with Ruby in the background. Once you see that face of his, you'll see why we had to bring the young scamp home !

You really are kind and wonderful people, this has made me smile so much, we need more people like you in the world! Pano has found his forever home, he looks very happy indeed.

Offline gaynor

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 01:02:54 AM »
Ah he is beautiful. What a lovely thing to do X

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 01:12:16 AM »
As dog lovers we also applaud your act of kindness, must have been difficult to arrange..
Well done
Tony & Linda
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »
  Hats off to you cheddar,nice that there are still people like you in the world.

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 09:49:15 AM »
Well done Cheddar dont imagine it was easy ,great that Pano and the Dal get on.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »
How lovely to see that he has now got a forever home. Well done to everyone concerned who helped you to bring him home with you  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
Well done , that was not a decision to be taken lightly . It must have taken quite a bit of organising , let alone expense . I am sure that he will be a loyal and loving companion .

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 08:45:55 PM »
What a truly lovely thing to do. Bravo!  :)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »
Pano AND Ruby look so happy and well looked after.  Again, I applaud you Cheddar.   :)

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for all the good wishes for Pano to settle in to his first proper home with the two of us and Ruby. We've only had him about 20 days, but couldn't imagine being without him.

The real heroes are Cheryl and great team at Corfu Animal Rescue Establishment who have re-homed or homed over a thousand dogs in their 11 years. They took Pano in, got him to the vets, sorted out his pet passport / jabs and then arranged transport to the UK. They are based between Avliotes and Sidari and I'll definitely call in when next on the island.

Back to Pano - just back from the vets, he's put on 2Kg (at last), his manky eye has cleared up, his stomach has settled down and the vet wants to adopt him !

Thanks again All - over and out.

Online Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 10:08:09 PM »
Cheddar,can you post a photo of Pano on the forum I'm not on facebook and I'd love to see him.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni