Author Topic: Car Hire  (Read 6571 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Car Hire
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »
Just wonder if anyone has any tips on car hire please?  We don't normally hire a car in Corfu but my son is off to Crete tomorrow and has been put off by some reviews he has read about people saying they have been tricked into paying extra for damage aready done to car before they hired etc and as the car hire company had their credit card details they just took the extra money.  Any feed back welcome.  :-\

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
Hi diane13.    I have had hire cars in Corfu many times from different companys and never had a problem of anykind..Usually when you receive your car you should have a paper with a drawing of the car showing any damage it already has.Also  its wise to take a look around the car yourself before  you take charge of it,to make sure there is no damage that has not been noticed by the hire company. I was looking yesterday for a car in september for 3 days and was suprised at the big difference in price for the same type of car, from €75 -€120,  also some companys dont ask for card details,and only want cash payments when you collect your car...I am going to check out what the village can offer,SS travel are asking€100 but ther are 2 other options that i have not enquired at yet..No doubt other members will be able to give more info.

i

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:30:44 PM »
I've always hired cars from the village.

Years ago it was always Dino, and when he packed up, from the guy more or less opposite Condor. He's a really likeable fella, without any of the cynicism of the larger hire companies. Friends hired from the airport for the duration of their stay and had the typical barny over what was claimed to be new damage. You'll not have that problem hiring from the village guy.

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »
The business 'Cambridge' is referring to is San Stefano Rent a Car.It is a family business which i have used  for more than 20 years and is now run by Valantis(son of Nikos the founder) and his wife Dora,a really nice young couple.
There are no extras and full insurance is included in the price.I cannot recommend them highly enough and rest assured you will more than happy if you do use their services.They don't know it yet,but,they will be delivering a car to the Airport for me on June 8th for our annual stay.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:35:46 AM »
Another vote for Valantis at San Stefano rent a car. Will deliver and pick up from where you want and friendly chap.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 01:10:42 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the information - much appreciated  :)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 01:16:25 AM »
Any contact info for San stef car rental would be very welcome

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »
Contact details for SS Car Rental run by Valantis -

0030 26630 51334
http://www.corfuexplorecarhire.com/

I hope this helps.

Online Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 11:57:25 AM »
Yes Valantis is a great guy and provides excellent service.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni