Author Topic: Password reminders  (Read 84864 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Password reminders
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
To right Don. Seen it a million times on Airline type programmes on tv. We know ours are due for renewal this year as our first ones together were when we got married in 1999. If you renew with any time left on your current one I beleive they add up to 9 months on to your new one as well so you don't lose out. :)
Sent our passport renewals by the post office checking service on Saturday and my new one arrived by post today. Great service. I can now travel at least until 2019 with it . Just hope there is know problem with Roys as his went at the same time as mine lol!!Don't fancy holidaying alone  :( :'(
Jules
In San Stefanos - - - As the old song goes - - - "You '  ll    n e ver r r  walk a-lonneeee" LOL

Thats true Tony. There would always be someone to talk to. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 04:37:08 AM »
To right Don. Seen it a million times on Airline type programmes on tv. We know ours are due for renewal this year as our first ones together were when we got married in 1999. If you renew with any time left on your current one I beleive they add up to 9 months on to your new one as well so you don't lose out. :)
Sent our passport renewals by the post office checking service on Saturday and my new one arrived by post today. Great service. I can now travel at least until 2019 with it . Just hope there is know problem with Roys as his went at the same time as mine lol!!Don't fancy holidaying alone  :( :'(
Jules
In San Stefanos - - - As the old song goes - - - "You '  ll    n e ver r r  walk a-lonneeee" LOL

Well I hope you got the missing passport ok
Out of interest - just how much does it cost now as ours will be due next year?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
Jules

Well I hope you got the missing passport ok
Out of interest - just how much does it cost now as ours will be due next year?
Roys passport still not arrived but they did say about 10 days so plenty of time yet.
The cost to have it checked at the post office was £6.85 and the passport was £72.00. Mine now doesn't expire until July 2019 and has the new security chip and antennae thingy in it.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »
The reason Roy has not received his passport was in the post this morning. Apparently although we had everything checked at the Post Office it appears the back ground was not dark enough on his photos even though we both used the same photo booth. He now has to get new ones done and send them in an envelope with the pre paid label. >:(

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 02:28:22 AM »
The reason Roy has not received his passport was in the post this morning. Apparently although we had everything checked at the Post Office it appears the back ground was not dark enough on his photos even though we both used the same photo booth. He now has to get new ones done and send them in an envelope with the pre paid label. >:(
£72 - - - so expensive now!!
I thought that the background in the photo's had to be white - not dark - has that changed as well,
also did you check that your EHIC Card is valid as most expired in 2008.
The EHIC Card is the replacement for the E111 ?
I will do a new thread for this!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 10:21:42 AM »
I thought that the background in the photo's had to be white - not dark - has that changed as well,
I think there was just not enough contrast between Roy and the background as he had a light coloured shirt on and his hair is very light as well. We are getting some more photos done at a different booth and Roy will have a dark coloured shirt on . The background on mine is light grey.

Our EHIC is definitley October 2010. It must have depended when you got them in the first place. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 04:08:25 AM »
I think there was just not enough contrast between Roy and the background as he had a light coloured shirt on and his hair is very light as well. We are getting some more photos done at a different booth and Roy will have a dark coloured shirt on . The background on mine is light grey.

Our EHIC is definitley October 2010. It must have depended when you got them in the first place. :)
It must be because of the lime green - LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 10:04:50 AM »
Has anyone ever had cause to use there EHIC while travelling?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 08:16:41 AM »
It's just a plastic version of the E111 form, I had to use it in Corfu hospital once,
Free treatment - had to pay for medication - I had burnt my leg when hot oil was spilt at a BBQ.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 10:19:06 AM »
It's just a plastic version of the E111 form, I had to use it in Corfu hospital once,
Free treatment - had to pay for medication - I had burnt my leg when hot oil was spilt at a BBQ.
Were you able to get the medication cost back from here on your return or from your travel insurance?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 12:26:56 AM »
Were you able to get the medication cost back from here on your return or from your travel insurance?
Yes, but the Travel Insurance I had came with a £30 excess - the medication was anti-biotic injection,
(I think - long time ago now), special burns plasters, and a cream - the hospital medication cost less than the excess so I wouldn't have claimed, but then I had to top up treatment with 3 visits to the local doctor.
The burn was 2/3rd degree - - on a small area luckily, but needed treatment to prevent infection.
The Insurance coughed up about 6 weeks later.
We have also used the local doctor a couple of times in the past and claimed back the fee.

zoe

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
im all on my own on the last members page so lets hope someone joins soon

don

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »

Just checked .... You're quite right!! It can't be one of us or we'd be the only one on that page!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 02:52:31 AM »
maybe if I changed my name to ZonyC?? 8) ::) ;D

Offline riojabear

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »
I recently joined the forum using a gmail account.  Either gmail doesn't like the look of the sending email address or the content of the email and placed the confirmation of membership into the junk/spam folder.  Because I couldn't access the forum initially, I tried to reset my password a couple of times and the password reset emails ended up in the same place.

New sign-ups should check for this, maybe a more prominent message for new users might also be useful.

twitter: @riojabear

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni