Author Topic: The Sunset  (Read 16055 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
The Sunset
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:11:58 AM »
The Sunset has always been a popular choice with my family but over the recent years we've seen the volume of trade dropping off resulting in them only doing snacks etc last summer. Does anyone know if they'll be open this year and if so doing what? 

It would be great if the predicted upturn in visitors mentioned on some other threads filtered through to the Sunset. Always a great welcome and lovely Sofrito.

Much appreciated

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunset
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:35:53 AM »
Always had great meals at The Sunset. It is a shame they don't do main meals anymore but if they did we would certainly be back
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
The sunset is currenty not open......not sure if/when it will this year

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
I expect they are busy with the Hotel/Apartments more so these days.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline doncrieff11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
we have been living in the Sunset Flats for the last 10 years and like yourself was very disappointed last year when we found on arival that they were no longer serving meals. I have just been in touch with Spiros and Maria and as yet they are not sure what they will be providing in the restaurant but they will let me know as soon as they decide.

Offline fanntosseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
hi d&b no rabbit for us this year? p&c :(

Offline doncrieff11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 06:51:29 PM »
Just returned from San Stef where we again had a room above the Sunset Taverna. The taverna is again open at night for their usual high standard of food. Unfortunately customers seem to be few and far between and according to Spiros unless things start to pick up he will be forced to close which would be a great loss to the village. To anyone who is looking for a nice authentic greek meal please go along and support Spiros and Maria they certainly deserve it.

Offline deerocker

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 10:46:20 PM »
People think that they are missing out if they don't spend the evening in the more hectic part of the village..The Sunset is such a great place to have a drink and a decent meal in..No bingo,no quiz, no loud music,just a great atmosphere and stunningly cooked food..For those who haven't tried it,you are really missing out on the true Corfu experience..
"It's not the size of the ship; it's the size of the waves." - Little Richard

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »
Hope they are still open in September as we were looking forward to going here again  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 02:01:07 AM »
My hubby went to the Sunset last week for the first time. Although he didn't eat, 3 people he was with did, and all said it was really nice ( this is from people who live in Corfu, so have eaten at lots of local places).

He said the atmosphere was really nice, and Spiros and Maria are lovely.
It would be very sad to see it go, especially as they have made it look so nice outside this year.

Offline stuthecat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »
Where is the sunset? I can't picture it?
We are there in 11 days, and will certainly pop in, as it sounds just our kind of place.
We are staying in Tsaros Apts, up the hill.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »
Hi Stuthecat..Sun Set is on the main strip.up past the Athens Bar on your left.where the road narrows before you start THE HILL.....

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »
Oh I think we went there with the children a few years back but then the last 2 times we were in the village it seemed all close up. Must try Sunset again as what we had was lovely and really nice sitting out area . Only a few more sleeps now . Can't wait !  :)

Offline DougR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 03:04:34 PM »
We're going out in a few weeks and are hoping to have more superb meals at Sunset. I don't know why their trade has dropped off as the standard of the meals remains high. I can remember a few years ago when you had to book to ensure a table. Maybe it's because the Sunset is just past the "end" of the village and people are unsure about going there. Go on and give them a try!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni