Author Topic: Beach  (Read 71012 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Beach
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »
Seaweed is no use for agriculture for two years, as it takes that time for the salt to get out of it. In the past it has been dumped on the road to Arillas, up the road past Fantasea on the side of the hill, and most recently a new mountain has been made near the harbour.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
It's looking so much better now :)

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2014, 06:15:10 PM »
We watched the first stage of clearance this morning; many lorry loads left the beach, most of the 2 massive piles that were outside Waves - the most obvious bits you can see on the webcam. A HUGE amount remains to be cleared though, stretching from there all the way to the pontoon. It's about 2-3 feet deep and 10 feet wide all the way. They've done well today, but it's far from finished.  As you can see as well, the bridge is back in place after the JCB also created a new channel straight to the sea directly from the gully.  Cloudy and cooling off now, we're told rain is on the way for the last 48 hours of our time here... Still, it's been as lovely and we've had a fab time as always.

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2014, 06:57:57 PM »
The improvements to the beach are down to a massive effort on Nulas part here at San Stefano Travel. She is behind the organization of the clearing with the backing of the locals here in the village. It will be great to see it restored to its former glory!!  ;)

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »
The improvements to the beach are down to a massive effort on Nulas part here at San Stefano Travel. She is behind the organization of the clearing with the backing of the locals here in the village. It will be great to see it restored to its former glory!!  ;)
Well done Noula , it could be a big disappointment for newcomers . The regulars understand the situation and still love the village and all the locals .

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »
The locals are not allowed to drive without seatbelts,they have to wear crash helmets when riding mopeds,no one under 16 years of age can drive a moped,they are not allowed to drink and drive,they must issue receipts for purchases,they are not allowed to smoke in enclosed bars/tavernas.Do they take any notice?Certainly not in my experience!!So,why are they playing to the rules now or are they playing politics?I know what my guess would be.
As regards a JCB,both Yiannis and Spiros have one and make at least part of their livings hiring them out and i know at least one local lorry driver who does the same.I know what i would do to protect my future and that of my family.If it carries on for too long,it wouldn't be the greatest surprise if Thomson cut back drastically next year.
I make these points because i care and for no other reason.
I couldn't agree with you more Papapetros and thank goodness it now seems that things are happening thanks to Noula .

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »
Well Done Noula!!  :D

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 11:44:11 PM »
A big thanks to Noula,an outstanding asset to the Village and also to all the locals who lent a hand.We will be there on Sunday 8th to take advantage.

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:47 PM »
A big thanks to Noula,an outstanding asset to the Village and also to all the locals who lent a hand.We will be there on Sunday 8th to take advantage.
And I will be there a week later , so as the beach will be up to standard get ready for our race - you don't stand a chance !!!

Offline lisa22

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 07:53:35 PM »
the beach is looking so much better today, well done :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
Thanks Noula for helping to get the beach sorted  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:01:23 AM by Jules »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:03 AM »
Much respect and gratitude to Noula for organising the great and good to get it resolved. When she gets an ongoing consortium sorted out to take care of the villages best interests, those establishments should have a plaque outside their business so people know who has been positively involved.

San Stef lives!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »
Well done Noula - see you in two weeks
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Broonie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »
Where is kostas this year ?

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
Noula, now the beach is sorted, can you do something about the car parking charges here in Cambridge?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni