Author Topic: Beach  (Read 70560 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Beach
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »
There is an impasse on the beach seaweed clearing down to money.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
It will not be at it's best in June unless they sort it out.

I hope they do sort it out by the middle of June as it's that part of the beach I go to.  I am still going to have a bit of trouble walking and want to be on the beach as close to my villa as possible.  Waves is ideal for me and I also hope for their sake that the seaweed is moved soon.

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
We've been here since last Tuesday and have seen no sign of anyone clearing the beach. One morning a digger turned up and took one load away, but nothing since. Outside waves there are 2 piles around 6 or 7 feet high and further down past Athina it's about 2 feet deep and approx 1\3rd the width of the beach (there's one row of beds there, but you couldn't walk into the sea if you wanted to. It thins out around the pontoon and there on, there is no seaweed.  Some say its due to the elections that it hasn't been cleared, others say they're waiting for the weather to settle. Whatever it is, it's making that end of the beach unusable.

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »
No excuses local elections the Greek economy the beach should not be in that state at this time of year when people are paying good money to enjoy their holiday!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »
The trouble is that the beach is controlled by the Council in Corfu Town. See Aghios Stefanos Beach's posting on facebook:

"The council is in Corfu Town which means they know nothing of our problems in Agios Stefanos Beach Corfu nor do they care!"

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 11:44:39 PM »
It is a very sad day when the beachfront restauranteurs and hoteliers cannot get off their backsides and arrange removal of the seaweed ,thus protecting their livelihoods and the future of Aghios Stefanos.It would be doubtful that anyone paying a first visit this May would wish to return.Oh,go on, lets blame someone else.

Offline gaynor

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 12:34:39 AM »
Hi
I kind of agree that if I and my husband owned a bar and there was a load of rubbish outside that would potentially effect our business, and whoever was responsible for clearing it up was being slow to sort it out, I'm pretty sure we would be clearing it !! It will be my third visit to San Stef and my husbands first and I have been telling him ever since we booked it what a beautiful beach it is and got to be honest, I am gutted. Love San Stef but just hoping somebody takes the initiative and sorts the problem out.

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 12:46:13 AM »
It is really sad to see the beach isn't being cleared yet. We have stayed May half term/June before and they were backwards and forwards clearing seaweed during our stay and after breezier days . Never seen the heaps that are there this year and if I did not know how beautiful the beach  can be and how friendly the resort is it would put me off when looking at the webcam. Feel sorry for the beach taverna's loosing there glorious sunset views. Should say if you have to avoid the beach we found most pools in the village will be happy to have you as long as you buy drinks and a snack /icecreams from their bar area. I think there is only one that charges -please correct me if I am wrong- and they are on the beach so I think that's justified...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 01:39:43 AM »
The local people are not allowed to do this. Papapetros - it requires permissions. It also requires a JCB and a truck to take the seaweed away.

I''m sure the locals would love to have the beach cleared. It will happen. Eventually.

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 04:06:04 AM »
As long as its cleared by Sept 5th because if not there will be hell to pay!!!! >:( >:(
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 11:00:01 AM »
The local people are not allowed to do this. Papapetros - it requires permissions. It also requires a JCB and a truck to take the seaweed away.

I''m sure the locals would love to have the beach cleared. It will happen. Eventually.

Even if they could clear it which as Jumbo says they can't, where on earth would they dump it? There is such a vast amount. No, they are in the hands of the council unfortunately for everyone concerned.

Offline gaynor

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 11:37:22 AM »
Oh well if legally they're not allowed to clear it their hands are well and truly tied.
 Just wondering is this unusual or do they have problems every year clearing it ? I normally go in September so normally all good by then. Very sad though because a lot of people do choose San Stef because it has a beautiful beach and as much as I love the place it will make me think about booking again as its a big old world out there and when on our hols we love spending lots of time on the beach.
That said, lets see how I feel after my next visit !! X

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 12:40:59 PM »
I have seen some other threads on various FaceBook forums/groups as well regarding this.  I am not sure posting on Facebook groups will alert those whom need to do perhaps though a post on a local council person in Corfu Town's timeline may have more effect?  Anyone got any names to share?

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
Lesley I would happily do this if it helped the local people it's just knowing who

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
 Maybe Mike,up at Romanza might be able to offer some contacts.He works in politics in Corfu town.One for Lesley to chase.....

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni