Author Topic: Beach  (Read 70556 times)

Offline holly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Beach
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:12 PM »
Hi was just wondering when staying at the little prince apartments and going to the beach roughly how long would this take to walk (over50s speed) also is it on an incline as one member likes the flat just asking as last time stayed in the vickys. Apartments and could not do the 10 metres down the cliff face and had to walk through the village and through the athina pool area to reach the beach  thanks Kevin

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Beach
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »
Hi Kevin, From the Little Prince if you turn left and follow the road past the paper shop and past Olympia you will be able to see the turning for the beach after the juice bar . San Stef travel are just on this bit of beach road as well and all is flat. Will be just a slight gradient coming back that way but shouldn't give you any problems. Probably take less than 5 minutes
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline holly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 12:03:59 AM »
Thanks jules sounds okay   Even for tortoises  kevin

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 12:11:52 AM »
I'm a tortoise then in that case. My hubby walks fast and I just seem to trot behind lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lisa22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:15 PM »
Hello San Stef regulars.

Im new to the board and it will be our 1st visit to San Stefanos late in August. Been to many resorts in Corfu before and love this side of the island.

Ive been checking the webcam and just wondered if the webcam just doesnt do the beach justice, as it always looks quite grim and empty.

Were staying at Vickys and cant wait, but I have to go back to my old faithful Tsilivi in Zante first :)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
Its very early in the season yet. It only really opened this weekend.
The resort will get busier, the weather hotter and the beach will become a hive of activity. Don't worry

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
Yip. It's a wonderful beach - shallow, warm, sandy.

The sunbeds were planted a few weeks ago and will sprout soon.

It's a very long walk from one end of the beach to the other. At the far end (from the Webcam view) you will find (mostly German) nudists toasting their bits in the sunshine.

From south to north you have great places for a meal or a drink: Manthos, Mistral, Waves, Mango, Havanna. There are showers.

I don't think we'd all go back year after year if the beach was rubbish!

If you want solitude you can rent a boat from the incredibly beautiful and friendly women at San Stefanos Travel (which is close to the beach) and pootle around lonely beaches.

Taking that with the almost suicidally low prices to eat and drink in the village I'd be amazed if you don't have a good time.

Beach here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5SePwwS8Kc
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:42:49 PM by Jimbo »

Offline lisa22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 04:53:33 PM »
Thanks guys  :)

Im pretty sure Ive sunbathed on the beach before. I just get mixed up with Arillas.

I always do my research when booking holidays. Forums, tripadvisor etc, so I know that with a lot of ppl choosing to go back year after year I know it will be great.

looking forward to hearing everyones stories  :)

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
Yip. It's a wonderful beach - shallow, warm, sandy.

The sunbeds were planted a few weeks ago and will sprout soon.

It's a very long walk from one end of the beach to the other. At the far end (from the Webcam view) you will find (mostly German) nudists toasting their bits in the sunshine.

From south to north you have great places for a meal or a drink: Manthos, Mistral, Waves, Mango, Havanna. There are showers.

I don't think we'd all go back year after year if the beach was rubbish!
Wonderfully put Jimbo - they will not be disappointed !
If you want solitude you can rent a boat from the incredibly beautiful and friendly women at San Stefanos Travel (which is close to the beach) and pootle around lonely beaches.

Taking that with the almost suicidally low prices to eat and drink in the village I'd be amazed if you don't have a good time.

Beach here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5SePwwS8Kc

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 06:32:47 PM »
Wonderfully put Jimbo , they will be back !

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Beach still looks a bit messy, particularly at the " village" end? Is it normally this late for clean up to be finished?

Offline lisa22

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »
I visit San Stefanos at the end of August. Peak season, so expecting it to be lovely, especially with all the positive comments from people who holiday there year in year out.

This forum has been great for finding out lots of info.

The webcam probably doesnt do the resort justice, and to be honest, seeing that pile of seaweed/sand would have put me off if I hadnt booked the holiday months ago.

I see from forum comments that its down to local elections of who gets licences. You would think that it would be sorted before holidaymakers visit the resort. But then again it is Greece, haha.

Im sure Ill love the resort when I get there and the issue will be resolved.

In the meantime, roll on 2 weeks ... sunny Tsilivi Zante .... my second home :)

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
Do not worry lisa22, because I think the webcam distorts the view somewhat. If you move down the beach away from the village, I think you will find it is fine. It is a shame because it is a really good beach, as many people will probably confirm.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 01:34:25 AM »
It's a fantastic beach but not usually at its best in May

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 02:04:20 AM »
It will not be at it's best in June unless they sort it out.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni