Author Topic: Weather watch  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Chaps

• View Profile
Weather watch
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:03:22 AM »
Hi This is my first post.

We're coming over this Friday for the second time since last July. Just checking on the current weather situation.The BBC suggests we may need to bring coats and scarves: Highs of 17 and lows of 12.

Thanks for any words of confidence.

Dave & Mary

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Weather watch
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
Hi

The weather in early May can be unpredictable.   I've been and had 25 degrees every day and not a drop of rain and I came once and had 10 days of rain.....!

I would bring a couple of jumpers and definitely a cardigan/light coat for the evenings - from what I can see their is going to be rain and thunderstorms over the weekend, but things look a lot brighter next week.

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Weather watch
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »
As we have done in previous years we were there last May for 3weeks when the storm struck that washed away much of the beach at the top end. We sat in waves having a coffee one day when the sky was black with the sea was almost touching the restaurant, we'd never seen it so high. It was coolish  out of the sun some days but we still had many days on the beach and my granddaughter swam in the pools at Perros and Nafsiki so it can't have been that cold. We ate out each night without coats just a light cardigan or maybe long sleeves and had a lovely time. Whatever the weather san stef works it's magic and I just love the wild flowers and the fireflies dancing everywhere. We go again in September but May is special as it's quiet and has the feeling of just waking up.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni