Author Topic: Corfu.... On A sunday evening !  (Read 5116 times)

Offline bluenosejock1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Corfu.... On A sunday evening !
« on: April 27, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »
Hey folks.... So Myself and the better half are returning in a few weeks (After a break last year). We are staying at Stamatis and arrive on Friday 16th. Its My Partners Birthday on Sunday the 18th, He is now a full year on the wrong side of 40 hah.... and I can't seem to find anything good to do (Like trip to Corfu town at sunset or something different). I have tried san Stef and Agni travel etc but seems Corfu on a Sunday afternoon stops lol.

Any suggestions ?  ???

I shine but do not burn

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Corfu.... On A sunday evening !
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Hey folks.... So Myself and the better half are returning in a few weeks (After a break last year). We are staying at Stamatis and arrive on Friday 16th. Its My Partners Birthday on Sunday the 18th, He is now a full year on the wrong side of 40 hah.... and I can't seem to find anything good to do (Like trip to Corfu town at sunset or something different). I have tried san Stef and Agni travel etc but seems Corfu on a Sunday afternoon stops lol.

Any suggestions ?  ???
Hilary says San Stef Travel is not officially open till 5th May,so that's probably why you can't get through. Corfu Town is an interesting place to spend Sunday evening,strolling about or sitting on The Liston watching Corfiot families also strolling about in their best clothes enjoying the cool of the evening,but you won't see much of the sunset!!
 You'd be better off enjoying a special meal in San Stefanos or Afiones.
 If you really want a trip on the Sunday Nula used to do boat trips to Paxos and Parga ,Ericusa or Albania  on that day and coach trips to Paleokastritsa or the Island Tour,but that may all be different this year.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »
Romanza have their greek night on a Sunday. Good fun and a great sunset

Offline bluenosejock1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 10:32:12 PM »
Cheers folks :-) im sure the zorbas tune/greek dancing and a stunning sun set will make it a birthday meal to remember :-)
I shine but do not burn

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:03:46 AM »

Any suggestions ?  ???

Don't do Corfu Town on a day/evening trip you need to stay overnight, that way you can really enjoy the night life of Corfu, it really is very special.

Mine and Gill's favourite is the Corfu Palace Hotel, its not cheap but worth every penny particularly for a special occasion.

http://www.corfu-greece.com/corfupalace/

Stop at the Palace and eat at the Pergoda Taverna in the Jewish part of Corfu Town, its perfect.

Andy

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni