Author Topic: Albania....  (Read 11085 times)

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Albania....
« on: April 27, 2014, 11:50:16 AM »
Myself & Laura had a day trip yesterday over to Albania with Nula. It was a wonderful day out, very well organized and well worth the early start. Sensible walking shoes a must!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Albania....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:21 PM »
Myself & Laura had a day trip yesterday over to Albania with Nula. It was a wonderful day out, very well organized and well worth the early start. Sensible walking shoes a must!
Glad you enjoyed your day in Albania Hilary. Did you go to Butrint,very interesting isn't it but yes, you need comfy shoes.I did that trip a couple of years ago with my teenage grandchildren,thought it would be educational and it was, they still talk about it.Even the drive to Butrint was an eye opener couldn't believe all those houses that were leaning but still standing,the foundations knocked from under them because the owners had built without permission after the fall of communism.
 The only complaint(well two actually)that I had was that the food in the restaurant wasn't nice and there was only one ladies loo open,I hope you will mention this to Noula so that perhaps she can do something about it,apart from that it was a good day out.

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:40:21 AM »
Hi Dupnica,

The drive certainly was an eye opener, and I agree it was un believable to see properties that has been bull dozed! The guide on our coach was very informative. I must say our meal was very nice, however I will of course happily pass your comments onto Nula.

Regards Hilary

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:33:07 PM »
Hi Dupnica,

The drive certainly was an eye opener, and I agree it was un believable to see properties that has been bull dozed! The guide on our coach was very informative. I must say our meal was very nice, however I will of course happily pass your comments onto Nula.

Regards Hilary

[/
quote Hi Hilary,me again,I think we may have been unfortunate the day we went as a lot of coaches arrived before ours and the restaurant was full so we seemed to be getting the left overs and it really wasn't nice,wished I'd taken some sandwiches. The loo situation was only made worse because there were queues a mile long and in the end we had to leave to get on the coach. Later in the day, out of desperation, we had to visit  the loo in a little cafe in Saranda,an experience I never want to repeat,it was more than primitive it was practically pre-historic,but hey hoo it was all good fun!!

Offline Westward

• SanStef Regular
  • Need a holiday
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:39:34 PM »
Do you need passports to go to Albania?  I think yes but unsure.
Live
Life
Love

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:42:44 PM »
Yes, we had to take ours when we did the trip a couple of years ago.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »
Do you also have to pay to get into Albania as well?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »
Yes we had to pay when entering Albania but we're not sure how much or what it was for.

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »
Hi Westward & Jules,

Yes you do need passports to enter Albania as yet it is still not part of the E U, it is going to the vote this June. You need a day visa to enter which costs 10e and that is purchased on board the boat.

Hilary  :)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
Be nice if it's a yes vote, (for selfish reasons I grant you!). We are driving through Albania en-route to Ag. Stef. this year, and by all accounts the queues at the border entry points can be tedious.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
That sounds like a good trip Cambridge! Where do you get the ferry?

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 03:34:07 PM »
The plan at the moment is to get the Saranda to Corfu car ferry. It seems to me that there are two sailings, one at 10.30 and one at 16.00, and it takes about 70 minutes.

We could continue down to main land Greece and catch the Igoumenitsa to Corfu ferry, but favourite at the minute is to leave from Saranda in Albania.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 07:18:18 PM »
Be nice if it's a yes vote, (for selfish reasons I grant you!). We are driving through Albania en-route to Ag. Stef. this year, and by all accounts the queues at the border entry points can be tedious.
Albania in the EU you have got to be joking!! The last thing we need is another third world millstone hanging round our necks!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni