Author Topic: Spoilt for choice 2014  (Read 121416 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice 2014
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2017, 02:09:42 AM »
The owners are not allowed to register on the forum, so they have no right of reply. But they can just read, and if we slag them off they will no doubt be on the phone to Noula complaining. Consequently, it's better to keep quiet. But there have been exceptions, including Sophia's. These may be best voiced in the Yammas Bar, which is restaurateur-free.

Personally, I'd like the forum to be lively again; it was in the doldrums after the rise of the rise of the smart-phone toting "here's my supper" brigade on Facebook. Surely there are other things to talks about apart from food?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2017, 03:58:40 AM »
I don't know if Spiros is doing music this year. If he is, I will attempt to shake it about a bit :-)
We will look forward to that! :)

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »
I may have misunderstood the purpose of the "where to eat in San Stefanos" section of the forum but when we were planning our trip here back in nz, most of the reviews were yonks old. So i just thought i should bring a few of them up to date on the basis of our personal experience. I have tried to be reasonably careful (not alw ays with success) but informative.
Last night we booked (ourselves) into the Greek night at the 2 Stars. It was, in our opinion, a terrific evening with a skilled display of ethnic dances. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, with perhaps the one exception of being persuaded to join in. Thirty years ago, even with four left feet between us, we may have got away with it but i think we left one or two casualties behind! The hospitality was first rate and the prices were very reasonable.

Offline eildan

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2017, 10:09:59 AM »
Okay to mention tavernas,best not to criticize, as this is your opinion, one mans meat etc

Gavlah1973

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2017, 11:24:16 AM »
Ive loved your posts Grounded. Brilliant

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »
Ive loved your posts Grounded. Brilliant

It's OK Gav, I'm posting photos of my breakasts and dinners on the FB forums, don't look Jimbo

Offline alineb

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »
I think you all misunderstood me.

I'm not trying to clean up the comments, you can post about your dinners all you please :) And it's fantastic! Neither am I asking you to not post negative about somewhere where you perhaps had a bad experience - the point of the topic after all is to share experiences, who am I to ask you to post one thing and not the other!

I was just trying to explain that our "where to eat list" has literally everyone is San Stefano that serves food(except Captain Octopus which I am adding in the next couple of days!) so it would be wrong for me to take away a restaurant off the list becase it's less busy, or some people haven't had great experiences. That was literally it.

Please continue as you were, I am very happy to see you are posting so much Grounded, please don't stop! Keep the reviews going.
Aline Kaloudi
San Stefano Travel

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
Our favorite is the Nafsika - why isn't this on the 'Where to Eat' list ?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2017, 06:11:31 PM »
I'm sure Aline will be along to correct me, but I believe this may stem back to Spiros' campaign to get the village name returned from San Stefanos to Agios Stefanos. This could be construed as an attack on San Stefano Travel's well-established brand name. Could just be a myth - as we all know, the Greeks are very good at them.

As you suggest, the food at Nafsika is amongst the best in the village and richly deserves to be listed. Best time to turn up is 8:45 onward, when the inhabitants have been fed and retired to the bar to get pissed talk about philosophical matters.

Offline alineb

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2017, 07:00:56 PM »
Our favorite is the Nafsika - why isn't this on the 'Where to Eat' list ?

I shall be adding this too!!! You are very right, Nafsika is a lovely place to have dinner, lovely food & atmosphere and one of the veterans! Don't know why we have missed out on putting Nafsika on the list, this shall be rectified asap.

Oh Jimbo, nothing to do with arguements or preferences, or anything to do with other owners or any San Stefano establishments. I simply wanted to ask to not hold the admins responsible if you go to a restaurant and not like it as with those lists we merely want to make people aware of whats here! That's all :)
Aline Kaloudi
San Stefano Travel

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »
I'm sure Aline will be along to correct me, but I believe this may stem back to Spiros' campaign to get the village name returned from San Stefanos to Agios Stefanos. This could be construed as an attack on San Stefano Travel's well-established brand name. Could just be a myth - as we all know, the Greeks are very good at them.

As you suggest, the food at Nafsika is amongst the best in the village and richly deserves to be listed. Best time to turn up is 8:45 onward, when the inhabitants have been fed and retired to the bar to get pissed talk about philosophical matters.
As you know Jim, we don't eat until quite late, by which time the non inhabitants have often retired to the bar, or indeed are strutting their stuff on the dance floor! ;D  Hopefully see you and Gillie in a couple of weeks! xx

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2017, 12:30:01 AM »
Aline, why have eateries outside of Agios Stefanos been included on "where to eat"? for example Brouklis in Arillas and Dyionasis in Afionas. If you are to include these then how about The Night Owl/ Panorama/Porto Timoni in Afionas, not to mention the numerous other restaurants/tavernas in Arillas.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2017, 12:47:27 AM »
Also Mon Amour in Kavadadas and Illias in Avliotes, why are these not included also?

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2017, 01:12:26 AM »
Agree with Gav, have loved reading Grounded 's (like to know your name?) posts. Great to see the forum lively again  :).                                                                                     Frankie

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2017, 01:46:59 AM »
Give Aline a break, guys. She's inherited a system and can't really be expected to include all the eateries within five miles!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni