Author Topic: Spoilt for choice 2014  (Read 121417 times)

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice 2014
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »
We did a lot of walking today so, because it was handy to our accommodation and looks so inviting, we chose to eat at the Summer Dream. Not an inspired choice. With the greatest of respect to those that manage this web site i think the "where to eat in San Stefanos" could benefit from an update.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Last night we gave the Brusko a try. Very friendly and helpful staff and the meal was very enjoyable. My wife particularly liked her Moussaka. If time permits we will return.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2017, 04:26:28 PM »
Sunday night we returned to the "Little Prince". Lynda prefers to be immersed in the local culture, traditional music and dancing, than karaoke - and i have to agree with her on that. We had a wonderful evening. The food was really well cooked and poli nostimo and we could not have been better received or looked after by the team there. We had to cut the evening a bit short as the wind got up a tad and Lyn had not taken a jacket with her but it was very enjoyable.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
I don't usually bother reporting on our lunches, though we have enjoyed some excellent repasts, but today after a very long walk we arrived at Taverna O Manthos. This was where we had our first ever meal in San Stafanos, and indeed in Greece, back in 1986. Our first impression was of a character larger than life who looked as though he could throw his arms around the world. He has not really changed very much, if a little greyer, but then who isn't? He genuinely recognised us and made us welcome as only Greeks can. Lyn had feta baked in the oven, which was "to die for" and i had kalamari in garlic with a tomato and cucumber salad, plus a few cold ones. And that view. Bliss. We will be back for dinner one of these evenings.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »
Great to read your reviews Grounded

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »
Thanks. It is a real pleasure to have somewhere to share our experiences with others visiting, or revisiting, this little piece of paradise.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »
Tuesday evening was our trip to the 7th Heaven restaurant at Logas Beach. Our table had been booked by San Stefano Travel and it was ideally situated. The food was really very good, and well presented. The meals were about 20% more expensive than in Agios Stefanos but you expect to pay something of a premium for the location and Lyn's pork fillet in orange sauce with kumquats was superb. The sunset was pretty spectacular though, with true objectivity, i think the Kariotahi Beach sunset has the edge.
If you do go there and intend to stay for the sunset, wear or take plenty of insect repellant, the mozzies attack in packs.

Offline alineb

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
Hello to all of our Forum users,
its great to see that you are wining & dining in San Stefano and loving it!

Please be reminded that this website is created with the idea in mind to let guests who are travelling to San Stefano get to know what our beautiful part of the world has to offer; be it anything from food, to accommodation, to walks. This is neither an advertisement for specific establishments, nor a "recommended" to eat/drink etc list.

Thank you for your understanding!

Aline Kaloudi
San Stefano Travel

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
This is always a delicate issue. The general rule in the past has been to praise, but not condemn.

Personally, I think the idea is not to overdo it. There are some people on Facebook who post pictures of every meal they have, every sunset they've seen, and ever cat they stroked. Call me a miserable old fart (join the club) but I don't like looking at other peoples' dinners that much.

The Yammas Bar exists for a slightly freer exchange. Before Facebook there were long and heated arguments on here about whether the Romanza breakfast only gave Kumquat jam to a favoured few. There were stories, true and imagined - and the spectre of Vlad the Black Dog figured highly. Alas, those days have gone, buried under a pile of cats and dinners. But I would like the forum to remain a source of information and fun - not a review section.   

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
This is always a delicate issue. The general rule in the past has been to praise, but not condemn.

Personally, I think the idea is not to overdo it. There are some people on Facebook who post pictures of every meal they have, every sunset they've seen, and ever cat they stroked. Call me a miserable old fart (join the club) but I don't like looking at other peoples' dinners that much.

The Yammas Bar exists for a slightly freer exchange. Before Facebook there were long and heated arguments on here about whether the Romanza breakfast only gave Kumquat jam to a favoured few. There were stories, true and imagined - and the spectre of Vlad the Black Dog figured highly. Alas, those days have gone, buried under a pile of cats and dinners. But I would like the forum to remain a source of information and fun - not a review section.   

I still get my Kumquat jam, and yes, you are a miserable old fart Jim.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »
I disagree Aline.

Part of the enjoyment of this forum is members can voice their opinions without fear of abuse or vitroil e.g. when we list out top 3 taverna's, top 3 meals, or bar's or trips or whatever. Its also used to discuss issues that have arisen e.g. Karen's Delfino Blu problem on Tripadvisor a couple of years ago and the cutlery tax at Olympia last year (I think). Members get involved supporting or defending and again without fear of abuse.

We don't want to sanitise all comment.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Gavlah1973

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2017, 11:02:23 PM »
Oh god..... not Vlad the Dog and #kumquatgate

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »
Or smokinggate ;D

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2017, 11:26:03 PM »
Agreed Tredegar Boy

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2017, 12:01:02 AM »
Aline, on every single one of your "San Stefanos Online North West Corfu" pages it shows at the bottom of each page -- "Where to eat" and "Cafes and bars" surely this is advertising, something you're telling forum members not to do.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni