Author Topic: Spoilt for choice 2014  (Read 121396 times)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice 2014
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 06:20:25 PM »
Rabbit stifado will also be requested at Nafsica...Rabbit very popular here..

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2017, 12:59:48 AM »
I think I'm going to ask Spiros to make the rabbit stifado a menu regular. Totally yummy.

Just starting to get into training for July. Last year I got dragged onto the dance floor on Tuesday nights by a variety of lovely ladies eager to join me in what my daughters disparagingly call "Daddy dancing" but which I would describe as a kind of of energetic free-form balletic disco.

Great food - great fun. That's Nafsika.

Now thats my kind of dancing. What do sons and daughters know anyway. I suspect Jimbo we're from the disco generation.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 02:32:13 AM »
I think they don't like to see their parents as physical beings who can jump around a bit. Parents should be knitware and old socks. It also needs a kind of music with a proper pulsation to get into the mood, and frankly, I don't get that off most contemporary stuff anyway.

I predate the disco generation quite a bit, I'm sad to say. But I am half-Welsh and, given a good pulsing track, strange Druidic energies flow into me. I just love dancing. Most of what I do is brain-work; when the music plays there's no brain - just a desire to move and jump and be an animal.

Anybody else suffer from offspring embarrassment?   

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2017, 05:38:38 PM »
I think they don't like to see their parents as physical beings who can jump around a bit. Parents should be knitware and old socks. It also needs a kind of music with a proper pulsation to get into the mood, and frankly, I don't get that off most contemporary stuff anyway.

I predate the disco generation quite a bit, I'm sad to say. But I am half-Welsh and, given a good pulsing track, strange Druidic energies flow into me. I just love dancing. Most of what I do is brain-work; when the music plays there's no brain - just a desire to move and jump and be an animal.

Anybody else suffer from offspring embarrassment?   
Jim, how have we managed to miss this Tuesday night performance from you? Is it advertised on the specials board?! :D

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »
If you young people will rush off to bed...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2017, 05:30:19 PM »
If you young people will rush off to bed...
Hehe! No we just wander back to Stamatis, stopping along the way for a few drinks , finishing at Athens bar, so we just have to stagger over the road! ;D

Gavlah1973

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2017, 01:31:51 AM »
New taverna for you Sellsy..... Captain Octopus!

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »
We have just had the most enjoyable evening at The Little Prince. I had the sizzling steak which was as tasty as it was dramatic. My wife had the stifado which was well cooked and very tasty, if a little dry. The entertainment resurrected memories of San Stefanos in the mid eighties, and very pleasant ones they were too. A great evening and we will most certainly be going back,

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
Last night we chose the Nafsica. It has certainly smartened up since we were last there, the outdoor area is very pleasant. We even renewed an aquaintance from over 30 years ago which was a real bonus. Lyn had Sofrito ani i the steak royale. Both were well presented, well cooked, and very enjoyable. The service was cheerful and attentive. Diners were entertained with some dancing but you had to be sat to the right hand side of the out door seating area for the best view . Lyh is determined to book a table on that side for the next time. She does enjoy being fully immersed in the experience.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2017, 03:06:16 PM »
Food at Nafsika is usually excellent. Front table facing the bar is a good choice!

If rabbit stifado is on the menu, that's outstanding. Veal sofrito is also one of my favourites. Spiros really does understand food. For example, if you fancy lamb chops but don't want them burnt to charcoal (which is the usual Greek mode) ask for them a bit pink.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »
We're enjoying an unexpected last minute break on a budget this week, many restaurants looked to be doing a roaring trade at around 9pm last night. Fellow travellers are reporting fabulous specials and bargains all around the village. For us the three course special at Yiannis restaurant, near tasty corner, was outstanding at 9 euros ! House white was also more than acceptable. Romanza food and hospitality remains top notch. Even though 1.12 is painful compared to previous trips, the village remains outstanding value. Enjoy it when you get here folks.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
Last evening's dinner adventure was to Zorbas and it was an excellent selection. Their menu includes some atypical choices, including pork fillet with prunes in a mavrodaphne sauce and Krassato. We both agreed they were poli nostimo and we would choose them again. Some traditional entertainment   added to a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »
Food at Nafsika is usually excellent. Front table facing the bar is a good choice!

If rabbit stifado is on the menu, that's outstanding. Veal sofrito is also one of my favourites. Spiros really does understand food. For example, if you fancy lamb chops but don't want them burnt to charcoal (which is the usual Greek mode) ask for them a bit pink.
Jim, will John and I be witness to this dancing, you speak of, this year! :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
I don't know if Spiros is doing music this year. If he is, I will attempt to shake it about a bit :-)

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »
Last night we paid a visit to Beer o Clock. We were made very welcome by Spiro and Costas. We both selected something off the grill and the food was really first rate. Perhaps a more subdued atmosphere than a couple of the other restaurants but there is nothing wrong with a quiet evening if the food and service are good, which they most certainly were.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni