Author Topic: Spoilt for choice 2014  (Read 121955 times)

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice 2014
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »
To be honest I thought the question was a good one, unlike your joke. bonK

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2014, 06:45:01 PM »
Hi Benson, would I be correct in thinking a post has been removed after my question? Can't quite see the link in the chain or the question, no worries still time for a couple of recommendations...... :)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
I would recommend 'Ozzy Oils' new menu!
Melbourne Mate is scrummy, especially with the mash,
we went there three times, had it twice
Booking in advance is worth it too.
Other than Ozzy Oils, I don't think many menus had changed, though Duncan loved the Sea Bass in Waves, and their Seafood Spaghetti is my all round favourite.

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
Hi Benson, would I be correct in thinking a post has been removed after my question? Can't quite see the link in the chain or the question, no worries still time for a couple of recommendations...... :)

Yes Sellsy, someone replied to your question but wasn’t being helpful, had a mythos too many maybe Waspman??

We're not out there yet, but from the reviews it seems the new Italian (Quattro) might be worth a visit.

We've been going for 30+ years, back then it was just Nafsika, Manthos and Sunset. Maybe Olympia but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:04:59 AM by benson »

Offline Heathy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »
Must try new Italian, fantasea and Olympia.

Offline Steve B

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2014, 12:45:01 AM »
Last year we ate mainly in The Little Prince, Zorbas, Barras and Two Stars. We only ate at Olympia once, because we thought it was the worst meal we had all holiday, also there was only us and another couple in there.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 12:57:20 AM »
This year for me it was....

Fantasea again - lovely food and great service from Kostas and his sister

Zorbas - The dancing has really gone up a level. Great fun

Romanza - only went to bbq night but great views and service

Yiannis - not the quickest service but lovely food and a peaceful setting. The two girls are lovely

The Italian is a funny one. For every good report we heard an average one. Folk saying that service and food presentation were good but not a lot of choice and not a lot of flavour.
Go make your own minds up

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2014, 03:05:42 PM »
Yes Sellsy, someone replied to your question but wasn’t being helpful, had a mythos too many maybe Waspman??

Not too many Mythos Benson, just misjudging the humour (or lack of it) from certain forum members. Glad that most members have a sense of humour.
Your previous "Knob (bonK)" comment uncalled for, not quite in the spirit of this forum.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
C,mon folks,chill,I love this forum,and the humour that goes with it.We all regret some things we post from time to time, just a mis understanding perhaps.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline hilary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
 We would like to remind members that we offer & suuport this web site in addition to the Forum so that quests old & new can exchange information, views and tips....
 As members , we all have a mutual fondness & respect for the resort and fellow guests. Please can we keep the exchange of banter light  hearted so we can continue enjoying the threads and welcome new members to a friendly Forum.

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
I'm definitely looking forward to something off the spit at Manthos, Ozzie Oils, Yiannis and our favourite although not in San Stef The Night Owl in Afionas. We want to try the new Italian, Fantasea and return to Zorba's. We always enjoy having a mezze type meal in Olympia and we might give Nafsika another chance, last time we went it was very disappointing and to my mind overpriced.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
Hi teambunny, can I ask about The Night Owl, why is that your favourite ? We hope to be out and about from time to time, may give it a go.

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
The Night Owl is on the way from arrilas to St George bay. Its a tiny little taverna in the middle of an olive grove, its run by Linda from New York State and her Greek husband. We like the quiet and isolation, the personal service (it only seats about 20 people at the most) and we love the food. If you like BBQ you will love this, its all cooked on a grill to order and is always a very high standard. I know that hippopots is a good friend of the owners if you want a second (albeit biased) opinion. :D

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2014, 11:51:48 PM »
Ha Ha, Teambunny, yep I'm probably a little biased  :)
But to be fair thats because Linda was one of the first people we met when we moved here, and ever since then her and Nick have become great friends.
It's also because Nick's pork chops are (in our opinion) the biggest and best we've ever had anywhere!

As mentioned, it's just outside Afionas, in the groves, and is really traditional....small menu, but wonderfully cooked.

In fact, we've got friends visiting at the mo, and we're closing a little early tomorrow to take them there...not had a pork chop since my parents visited in May, and getting withdrawl symptoms!!!

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
We call those Brontosaurus chops, they're huge  ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni