Author Topic: Calculating spending money  (Read 23067 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Calculating spending money
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »
I am lucky enough to have to look at this a bit differently. For  the past couple of years I have been able to spend six weeks in the village during the summer holidays. (This year I am retiring and so it  will be eight!) Obviously I cannot afford to spend 50 euros a day for this time.
The reason I post is that I still have an amazing time, even on a very tight budget and would hate anyone to be put off  by thinking it is going to cost a fortune when you are there.
For the week when my partner is there with me I do all of the usual holiday things, but once he has gone I economise and still have a great time. I reckon that last year I spent almost as much in the first week with him there as I did the other 5 weeks put together! Well, not quite, but you get my drift.

I don't get a sunbed on the beach (not that they do them up that end!), I visit the supermarket while partner is still there and stock up with lots of stuff. I eat in my apartment (late breakfast/brunch)  a lot and eat specials when I go out at night. I only drink white wine or very rarely a g and t. This means that both my bank balance and my waistline can cope with a long time in the village.
I still thoroughly enjoy the sunshine, the peace and quiet and just chilling. It is a wonderful place to be even on a budget. 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »
At least you will have plenty of money and won't be worrying whilst on your hols. What you don't spend you can just use next holiday  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »
Eight weeks - I envy you!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »
Thank you everyone, we would rather not be looking at the cost all the time, but with a son at uni, costing us a blooming fortune, money isn't as plentiful as it could be!
However we will be taking your advice of €100 a day between us, what we don't use, we will add to the next day and so on. We will pay for our car hire by credit card and if we see anything we really want to buy, the credit card will be used.
So looking forward to this trip though, so much crap in our lives, we need a break.

Hope you have a great time

Offline Buttons1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »
Hope you have a great time

Thank you, we are certainly aiming to. 5 weeks today and counting!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni