Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1386712 times)

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #2010 on: July 30, 2019, 02:24:22 PM »
Thanks Karen. As keen recyclers at home we want to "do our bit" when we come in September! I thought I read somewhere that the central collection point is in a building near Peli & Maria's supermarket? I'm sure someone will know!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 30, 2019, 03:52:44 PM »
Just wondering how the new recycling scheme (mentioned on this thread a few months ago) is working out? Does each hotel & self-catering property have it's own collection point, or do holidaymakers have to take their own empty bottles, etc down to the central point in the village?

Behind each set of sun-loungers on the beach, there were different bins for the different type of refuse. We stayed at Nondas and din't have any facility for splitting up the rubbish.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 30, 2019, 03:56:45 PM »
Thanks Karen. As keen recyclers at home we want to "do our bit" when we come in September! I thought I read somewhere that the central collection point is in a building near Peli & Maria's supermarket? I'm sure someone will know!

Hmm..didn't notice anything, but I wasn't looking. There are some bins opposite there, not sure if that could be it :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 30, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
Oh yes, I saw those loftyscot. I think the hotels/apartments should be encouraging this, I'm sure we all would be happy to recycle, whilst on our holidays :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 30, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »
In Little Prince we left recycling out separate on the units and the cleaners collected them and they went in bags to the centre-the nearest is just by Maria’s shop.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 01, 2019, 09:44:53 AM »
The last two days have seen a sometimes-strong breeze whip up, and with it some surprisingly powerful surf. A woman drowned in Arillas. But despite that the sea is very warm. Because of the wave action it's beautiful, with milky light turquoise colours near shore and bands of progressively blue water until the intense blue of the deep water. A lot of the sand is drier this year, so it's more inclined to sand-blast you on the beach. Still lots of people wave-jumping. The parasailing platform is moored next to the old harbour.

We've taken a few walks along the beach and varied our days. Yesterday was lovely by the Nafsika pool, with some shelter from the NNW breeze. I did some writing. Great meal at Zorba's in the evening. Pavlos is a great dancer.

Going up the headland to Akrotiri and Gravia today, maybe lunch in Arillas. Then tonight is quiz night!!!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 01, 2019, 11:34:52 AM »
Aah that's so sad, poor lady.  As always, a beautifully written report, Jim, it takes us right back there :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 01, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
Oh dear that poor lady,what a shock for all concerned.

Pavlos puts everything into his dancing he is great.
I love the food there-Chicken Spinaki is one of my favourites.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 03, 2019, 06:11:16 PM »
Has there really been 978 people on line today? ;D

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 04, 2019, 09:26:22 AM »
 ;D Who are they? ??? ::)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 04, 2019, 11:55:35 AM »
;D Who are they? ??? ::)

We're being invaded Maggie, methinks it may be a mistake! ;D

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 04, 2019, 04:31:17 PM »
I reckon so Karen ;D

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 04, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
It might be one person going on 978 times ???
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 04, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »
I haven't written anything on the forum for quite sometime. We are regular visitors to San Stefanos. Last year in June we stayed at jasmine apartments which was fantastic. But the journey home at the airport was terrible. The one before that was horrendous to. I was wondering what the airport is like this year. We weren't going to visit this year because I got very anxious at the airport but am feeling I need my San Stefanos injection to make me get through the winter. We went to Lanzarote in June but it isn't the same as Corfu. If anyone can give me any tips on coping with Corfu airport or any reviews this year I would be very grateful. ???

geordieborn

« Reply #2024 on: August 04, 2019, 08:20:52 PM »
It might be one person going on 978 times ???

Well we are part of the 938 and I suspect a lot of the others are spam! We have just joined you merry lot and did have a bit of a problem getting here, but the lovely admin sorted it and did say they were getting a lot of spammers.
Likely we know a few of you here as we have been coming/going to Agios Stefanos since 1994, although until this year we have not been back in the last 13 years – long story.
It has been lovely to read lot of the posts, especially some old posts to catch-upon what has been going on, thankfully not too much!
 :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni