Author Topic: Whats happenin'  (Read 1386694 times)

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happenin'
« Reply #1995 on: July 26, 2019, 11:30:20 PM »
Cooler and much more bearable than yesterday . Rain just started in North Staffs.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 27, 2019, 12:35:01 PM »
We have cloud and it is very oppressive.
This weather makes me feel just worn out,so I shall tick off another day on the calendar-one day nearer San Stef

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 28, 2019, 12:26:05 AM »
Sitting here in the Princess Bar in a tee-shirt at 23:15 I can tell you that weather here is utter perfection!

Yesterday (Friday) was superb beach weather, with warm glassy sea. Later, lovely meal at Beachcomber as the sun set.

Today we went on the boat trip from Kassiopi to Corfu Town, and went to the Archaeological Museum, which re-opened after a seven year closure. It is beautiful - a modern, airy, set of rooms with elegant displays and fascinating artifacts. I hadn't realised how significant the finds were on the island. For example, Sidari was a very important Neolithic centre.

The museum is just a few hundred yards from the Old Harbour where the boat docks, so well-situated for those who want to combine a fun boat trip with a reminder that Greece is not just beer and beaches.

Kali nichta.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 28, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »
Sounds perfect Jim :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 28, 2019, 11:49:49 AM »
I am just going to have to play some Greek songs now after reading that.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 28, 2019, 01:35:18 PM »
Hope you had some shorts on with that tee shirt.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 28, 2019, 06:23:21 PM »
I am just going to have to play some Greek songs now after reading that.

Haha, me too Maggie :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 28, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »
Well I do like a Ouzo and a friend from Cornwall-friends we actually first met in San Stef a few years ago) gave me a 2 litre bottle a few weeks ago when we met them down in Exeter so....Yammas.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 28, 2019, 07:29:52 PM »
Well I do like a Ouzo and a friend from Cornwall-friends we actually first met in San Stef a few years ago) gave me a 2 litre bottle a few weeks ago when we met them down in Exeter so....Yammas.

Yammas Maggie 8)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 29, 2019, 08:54:10 PM »
Yesterday a warm southerly breeze/wind arrived and kicked the surf up. It made a change.

Today the wind has gone, and the sea was perfect for wave-jumping, which loads of people were gleefully doing. It's very warm, and I had to recourse to a cold Mythos or two while I sat at Mistral writing. The sea was warm, and the waves surprisingly strong, with lovely white tops foaming in.

Been here two weeks today, and it seems like we've been here five minutes or forever. I'm sitting the Little Prince bar and there are groups  of people with suitcases looking tanned and sad in equal measure.

There's a scent of lamb on charcoal and oregano, wafting past in the almost-still air as the village gears up for the evening's munch-fest. If I close my eyes I can almost image I'm in Greece!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 30, 2019, 12:52:45 AM »
You little rotter!!
Still not long until we will be back and in the meantime I am working my way through my Ouzo.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 30, 2019, 01:02:27 AM »
There's a scent of lamb on charcoal and oregano, wafting past in the almost-still air as the village gears up for the evening's munch-fest.

That is a perfect, happy description, Jimbo. It makes me almost forget I’m back at work. Hope you and Gillie have a great last week  8)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 30, 2019, 10:12:29 AM »
 ;DPuts a smile on your face doesn't it.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 30, 2019, 11:46:39 AM »
Just wondering how the new recycling scheme (mentioned on this thread a few months ago) is working out? Does each hotel & self-catering property have it's own collection point, or do holidaymakers have to take their own empty bottles, etc down to the central point in the village?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 30, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »
Morning Babara. So we stayed at Stamatis and Tom was taken his own recycling to the centre, wherever that is. Our TUI rep is trying to get the hotels to put little recycling bins in the room. I used to put my recycling in a separate rubbish bag, so hopefully that went to the recycling centre, something for everyone to think about doing it, as we do it at home :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni